Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Another Heartwarming Review of The Visionary

Hello Friends,
I promised I would share these as they came in - I can't begin to tell you what this lovely review by such a wonderful friend and fellow author (award winning author at that!) did to me...brought tears and goosebumps LOL! Hope it does the same for you......


Absolutely amazing writing!

I read The Visionary without benefit of any kind of blurb, so I had no idea what it was about when I started reading. Now I’ve decided I may do that more often. This book slammed me with a force I was totally unprepared for, and left me breathlessly turning pages, forced to keep reading until I knew more…and then more.

Trevor and Taylor’s mind-shattering secrets could destroy them. Only their love for each other, the devotion and dedication of loyal friends, the prayers and counsel of a wise minister…and the perfect plan of God keep them sane, sober, and stubbornly determined to rise above their past and make a better future for themselves and each other.

Thibodeaux leads the reader through from the first page to the last without once relinquishing control. She hooks them, holds them, and keeps them enthralled until the last line. Having reached it, they’re saddened to know they must part company with the intricately developed and beautifully portrayed characters.

That said, this is not a storyline for the squeamish. The author grapples with a troubling subject and handles it with the utmost grace and finesse. Child abuse in any form is horrifying; the kind depicted (without being graphic) in the pages of The Visionary is beyond the ability of a sane mind to understand. That children can survive such cruelty and manipulation and still grow up to be productive, caring, normal individuals is a tribute to the healing power of God. I salute this author for her expert handling of a difficult, heart-rending topic.

I can promise you this: The Visionary is not a book you’ll finish and forget. It will hold your attention while you hold it in your hands, and then haunt your mind long after you reach “the end.” My hat’s off to Pamela S. Thibodeaux… way to write a book!

~ Reviewed by Delia Latham – Award Winning Author of the Solomon’s Gate Series http://www.delialatham.net/ 


3 comments:

Winona Cross said...

A great and right on review. I told you, Pam, that this is your breakout novel. Delia's words fly straight to the heart.

Anonymous said...

It was my honor and pleasure to read and review The Visionary, Pam. I know many other readers will be every bit as blessed by it as I have been.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thanks Nona! & Thank You, Delia - my prayer too, is that The Visionary brings hope and healing to the most wounded of souls.

Thanks again Ladies!
pamT