Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, May 17, 2018

#ThursdayThoughts with Katie Clark

Good Morning from Durant, OK!

I drove up on Tuesday to spend a few days with my friend, Nona and to attend a writing workshop this Saturday with Donald Maass. SO looking forward to it, but enough about me!

Katie Clark has shared our spotlight and some treasures with us so today let's see what thoughts she has to share.....

Have you ever felt God’s tug on your heart? His whisper in your ear? His gentle push to make a change?
Have you ever squared your shoulders, gritted your teeth, and stubbornly insisted you want it your way? I am always ashamed when I find myself in this very situation. As much as I want and intend to follow God’s leading in my life, sometimes it’s harder than other times to give my will over to God.
Often, I find the need to remind myself to “die daily”. I know, I know. That can be so much easier said than done! But we are blessed in that we have a merciful and patient Heavenly Father. What helps me get through these times of tug-of-war with God?
I find a few things helpful. First, I remind myself of why I’m on this earth. Is it to do this or that? To have this or that? No, it’s not. I’m here to bring glory to my Creator—He’s the one who gets to choose my path, because I’ve given Him that rein. Second, I pray. Sometimes a lot! I have to pray that God will give me His desires. That He will help me be who He wants me to be. (This isn’t always easy, especially when I don’t want what I feel Him pushing me towards!)
But when I actively work on changing my attitude in a situation, a mysterious thing always happens. I find myself changing my mind. I don’t want the things I thought I wanted, after all. And what’s more, I find I can live without those things I so desperately wanted just a short while ago.
Is it always so cut-and-dry? No, not always. Some problems are bigger than the average “thought” can deal with. Sometimes people are taken to Heaven before we’re ready. Sometimes people lose jobs, or find out they’re terminally ill. Blessedly, many problems aren’t this enormous—we only think they are for a little while.
And so, the next time I feel that tug on my heart, I pray I can be more receptive to the message attached to it!


Bio: KATIE CLARK started reading fantastical stories in grade school and her love for books never died. Today she reads in all genres; her only requirement is an awesome story! 

She writes inspirational romance for adults as well as young adult speculative fiction, including her YA supernatural novel, Shadowed Eden, and The Enslaved Series

You can connect with her at her website, on Facebook, or on Twitter.

The Rejected Princess can be found at Amazon for Kindle and Paperback & at Pelican Book Group in Ebook and Print along with Katie's other titles!

Hope you enjoyed today's spotlight and that you'll check back weekly for more Tuesday Treasures, Thursday Thoughts and as always, Saturday Spotlight.

Until next time take care and God Bless.
PamT

9 comments:

Raquel Byrnes said...

I most definitely struggle with attitude from time to time. Congrats on your release!

KatieC said...

Thanks so much Raquel!

KatieC said...

Thanks for having me, Pam!

Emily Conrad said...

It's so wise to pray for a changed heart, and that's something I have to do, too. So grateful He's faithful in even that!

Alina K. Field said...

Surrendering to God's will can be difficult! Thanks for the beautiful post, and best of luck with your book.

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Faith helps many keep a positive attitude through live's adversities. Best wishes for the success of your novel.

Diane Burton said...

Lovely post.

marilyn leach said...

Thanks for the good word, Katie. We can never hear too much or too often how to make those practical breakthroughs on listening and following the heart of God. Cheers

KatieC said...

Thank you all for visiting, and for your kind words.