Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, October 5, 2017

#ThursdayThoughts Random Ramblings on Spiritual Growth

Good Morning Friends!

I pray your week is going exceptionally well and that you are blessed in every area of your life. I've been pondering lately about faith vs fear, surrender vs struggle, and trusting vs trying.

Regardless of our religious orientation, upbringing or belief, we all deal with issues that cause us to doubt our faith. We say we believe, we say we trust, and there's no doubt we do, but...

What are we believing and in what or whom do we trust?

We say we trust God, yet we worry over every little thing instead of surrendering it all to Him and trusting His divine wisdom, divine love and divine timing.

We say we believe in His promises, yet, because of the voices around and in us, we constantly switch from belief to doubt.

We say we have faith, yet we fear so many things.... death, poverty, illness.

Is it any wonder out lives are a mess?!?

I came across this meme and thought it fit perfectly with today's message...


But how do we do this? How do we tap into the power within us and rise above our situations and struggles?

Transformation on any level begins in the mind. The bible says we should not conform to the world but be transformed by the renewing of our minds. (Romans 12:2) Of course this means we should meditate on God's promises outlined in the Bible, yet so many of us focus on just the opposite!

I've said this before and I'll say it until it resonates strongly within me and with everyone who reads my blog: As a man thinks in his heart, therefore he IS. (Prov. 23:7)

We should strive to turn every negative, fearful, doubtful thought into its exact opposite.

Instead of focusing on our sickness, ponder His promise of healing. Instead of ruminating on our lack, meditate on His promises of provision and prosperity.

If you know me, you know I love learning new spiritual practices that enable me to do just this. One of the things I've found that truly resonates with me is the book, The Power of I Am by Joel Osteen and many other books by spiritual teachers: Marianne Williamson, Wayne Dyer, and Louise Hay are just a few.

Another is the teachings of Abraham through Esther Hicks. She/they talk about releasing resistance to our good.

Isn't that what faith is all about? Surrendering, releasing, trusting?

Surrender our thoughts for God's. Release all fears and doubts to the Holy Spirit and the Angels for healing and purifying. Let go of our ideas of how and when He should answer our prayers and let Him guide us, every moment of every day in each situation!

Trust that He always has our best interests and highest good in mind.

Always.

After all, Jesus said He came so that we would have life and have it in abundance.

Why do we insist on thinking the opposite of His word?

Something to think about!
"Inspirational with an Edge!"

I hope you gained even a tiny bit of spiritual growth from my random ramblings and that you'll join me each week for Tuesday Treasures, Thursday Thoughts and Saturday Spotlight.

Until next time, take care and God Bless.
PamT

2 comments:

Kara O'Neal said...

Thank you so much for this post. You are spot on with your analysis and advice. Why do we let doubt grab us again? It's so hard not to be pulled into those thoughts. Sometimes when I am upset and doubtful, I remember a line from Anne of Green Gables. Marilla Cuthbert says to Anne, "I have never been in the depths of despair. To despair is to turn your back on God." She was so right. Again, thank you for your words.

Love to Write said...

Hello, Pam…how nice to know another author who reads/likes/follows the Abraham teachings! I have all the Esther Hicks/Abraham books. Back in the 80s, I studied Course In Miracles, Jampolsky, and Ernest Holmes; then later devoured Eckhart Tolle. For years, friends, and others in my church who knew I was an author, encouraged me to write a book on Spiritual Principles. “You Are Never Alone: Gentle Reminders To Help Us Remember Who We Are” by Marilyn Clay is now available in print and Ebook. Because a good portion of my book is channeled material, for which I was very grateful to have received, the Gentle Reminders in my own book continue to uplift and inspire me. Perhaps you would enjoy it, too! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on spiritual growth.