Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, June 15, 2017

#ThursdayThoughts on Change....

Good Morning from Santa Fe, New Mexico!

If you've visited often you know I've embarked on a 2 month trek across the US to make a loop up the West Coast, around the Midwest and back down to Louisiana. Saturday I'll be spotlighting some highlights from our trip so be sure and drop by.

Meanwhile, let's talk a little about change.....

Some people thrive on change. Others hate it. Many, like me understand change is a part of life and just learn to go with the flow.

Not all change is -or appears - good: death of loved ones or loss of job or health. Though these are some of the worst types of changes we can go through, life goes on and so must we.

Other changes are good! New job, new relationship, new home, new (fill in the blank). We love these types of changes although many begin with a not-so-good one.

Then there are changes that surprise and please and hopefully open new doors for us. These are the types of changes I absolutely LOVE. One such change is with my novel The Inheritance (published 2007 from The Wild Rose Press). We all know the story of how TWRP evolved to White Rose Publishing and then Pelican Book Group - these were all good changes. Now there's one even better!

PBG is re-issuing The Inheritance sometime later this year. The book has been edited, updated, revised and has a brand new cover! Don't 'cha just LOVE it? I do! It's still the same story, only better and hopefully this change will turn out to be good for everyone involved and will garner new readers.


On the heels of this news and my receiving the galley which I'm currently working to get back to the editor so we can get an actual release date....anyway, my lovely cover artist and friend, Delia Latham of Heaven's Touch Designs surprised me with a brand new cover for my Tempered Series bundle (boxed set)..... I can't wait to replace the current one with this!


These two changes started me thinking....Even though we're told not to, many people judge a book by it's cover therefore, a not-so-good cover can make or break a book. My novel, Circles of Fate has gotten great reviews yet the sales reflect poorly. So, Delia and I put our heads together and came up with a brand new cover for it too!


I love how Delia depicted the main characters in this romantic saga so well! Hopefully, this fresh, new and exciting cover will be more attractive to readers. It is certainly eye-catching.

These are all good changes, but even good changes have drawbacks....in these instances, lot's of work replacing the old covers with new in all publishing venues AND in all marketing materials. Hopefully our hard work will pay off and readers will reap the benefits as well, by being entertained, their faith strengthened by the triumph of these characters.

Moral of this post: Whether expected, unexpected, good or not....life continually changes and evolves. So must we.

Something to think about!
"Inspirational with an Edge!"

Hope you enjoyed today's post and that you'll join me each week for Tuesday Treasures, Thursday Thoughts and Saturday Spotlight!

Until next time, take care and God Bless!
PamT

17 comments:

Maris said...

As you said, Pamela, sometimes change doesn't "appear" to be good; nevertheless, more often than not the cliche of "When one door closes, another opens" is true. We don't always see where the change will lead us, but through that change we grow. It's good that you're accepting the changes in your life and growing through them.

Susan Oleksiw said...

When I look back at all the changes in my publishing life, since the 1980s and even earlier, I couldn't have predicted any of them. The beginning of a change is usually unsettling for me, but every time I've grown. You're right about how important that is. Embracing change means opportunity. Good post.

Wild Women Authors said...

Thank you, Pam, for making me take a step back and think.
You are a joy to me.
Veronica Lynch aka Kat Henry Doran

Jacqueline Seewald said...

I agree with Maris and Susan about change. Pam, wishing you much success as always.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Pam! Congratulations on your trip. We all have some sort of changes everyday. Some are more impactful than others. Those I tend to call a life adventure.

Darcy Flynn said...

My family and I are going through some changes, most of which are new and exciting. I'm embracing them! :) Lovely post, Pamela!

Kara O'Neal said...

How right you are about change. I love the new covers!

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

So true, Maris...I LOVE that saying!
I bet there have been LOTS of changes since the 80's, Susan! So glad you hung in there.
Glad the post was inspiring Kathryn, hope your time of reflection garners GREAT results!
Thank you so much, Jacquie, as always, your continued support is appreciated!
Great way to look at it Vicki!
Good for you, Darcy.
Thanks Kara!

Thank you ALL for stopping by!
May God bless each of you 100 fold!
PamT

Peggy Rychwa said...

The new covers catch the eye. (Yea! You chose the cover I voted for!)

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thanks Peggy....had a lot of great comments and suggestions and managed to create the perfect cover! Hats off to Delia Latham though!!!

Judy Ann Davis said...

Your new cover for "Circles of Fate" is striking. Best of luck with promotion.

Delia Latham said...

I don't usually welcome change. Guess I'm a bit of a stick-in-the-mud, clinging to the familiar, and suspicious or frightened of the new and unfamiliar. But God always leads me through the murky path to newness, and there's almost always good things waiting beyond the fog. I'm glad the new covers are being welcomed in a positive light! Thanks for the kudos,Pam! I definitely think God was in this change. 😀

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thanks, Judy Ann...I love it!

I hear you, Delia about liking the familiar...but God often calls us outside our comfort zone. I know He was definitely in charge of this cover change for COF...I mean, both of us having the idea to change it at the same time is no coincidence LOL!

Thanks Ladies!
Take care and God Bless you both.

Alicia Dean said...

Love your new cover! I'm envious of your travels. :) Hope you're having a blast! I am someone who likes change AND staying the same, if that makes sense. :)

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Makes perfect sense Alicia!
Thanks for dropping by
PamT

marilyn leach said...

The Lord says 'walk on a straight path and I'll raise the valleys and lower the hills.' I've hung onto that promise through many changes. Your word today, Pam, is a good reminder. Enjoy your journey. Cheers

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

A great promise to hold on to, Marilyn!
Thanks for stopping by