Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, June 29, 2017

#ThursdayThoughts West Coast Vacation #3

Good Morning and Welcome!

Today we're leaving Placerville, CA headed to Red Bluff to visit Lassen Volcanic National Park.

On the 17th I shared with you the Texas leg of our trip, then on the 20th, New Mexico. Today I'd like to share Arizona with you!


We left TX and drove to Flagstaff, AZ, passing through the Painted Desert. 

Although that was lovely, I found the Artists Drive in Death Valley much more beautiful - I'll share pics from there later! Now let's get back to Arizona....

We stayed in Flagstaff for two reasons....Grand Canyon and Sedona. Here are some pics from the Grand Canyon.





I'm not real good with selfies, but here are a couple with the Canyon behind/below me....


I don't have any from Sedona but you can see those I took a couple of years ago when I went there with my niece HERE.

I must say, the Grand Canyon is one of our greatest treasures as are all of the National Parks and IMHO, if anyone can stand on the edge of this precipice and not be overwhelmed at the grace and beauty of our earth....well, I just don't see how anyone can not be overwhelmed!

Anyway, that's the AZ leg of our west coast vacation. Next we'll visit California and there's LOTS to share from that state alone so be sure and drop by each week for Tuesday Treasures, Thursday Thoughts and Saturday Spotlight!

Until next time, take care and God Bless.
PamT

17 comments:

Patricia Stoltey said...

Hi Pamela -- I've been following your trip and enjoying every minute. I agree that the Grand Canyon was the most amazing sight. So beautiful and so breathtaking in its size and form. I think the only other place in the U.S. that has affected me almost as much was Yellowstone National Park. That's a different kind of beauty, but also amazing.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thanks Patricia!

Grand Canyon was absolutely breathtaking but so was Palo Duro Canyon...and a lot closer to home LOL!

Thanks for following my West Coast vacation...

Good luck and God's blessings to you.
PamT

Maureen said...

Beautiful pics!

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Pam,

Great photos! Glad you're having such a wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thanks Maureen and Jacquie!

I love to travel and this trip has been amazing so far....can only get better too. Might not want to go back to my 'normal' life LOL!

Darcy Flynn said...

You're making me want to go out west again. One of my favorite moments at the Grand Canyon was watching my son as he got his first look at it. He was completely awed and wowed - totally speechless. That was twelve years ago and as precious to me now as it was then.

Susan Coryell said...

Hubs and I have a National Parks pass which we have used dozens of times. So hoping federal funding will never be cut for these amazing places. Thanks for sharing!

Tanya Hanson said...

You're hitting a lot of my favorite places, girlfriend! I know how glorious you thought Yosemite. Didn't you love Placerville? It just reeks history. Thanks for the pix. I hear you about the Grand Canyon. We'd sit there in the evenings and just "watch" it. Enjoy the rest of your trip and live you bunches.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Go Darcy! You won't regret it.
My honey (ie: travelling companion) has one too! I pray funding is never cut also, Susan.
Placerville is neat....visited South Lake Taho...will share that later, Tanya. Love you bunches too!

THANKS Ladies! May God bless you ALL richly!

Susan Oleksiw said...

I've been following your trip, and enjoying it very much. We do have a lovely country, and so much of it is spectacular. Thanks for sharing.

Marissa Garner said...

We've been to the Grand Canyon and Sedona several times, and I am ALWAYS in awe of the beauty. Last year, we visited the far less accessible (and less visited) North Rim of the Canyon and stayed in one of the rustic cabins. Totally amazing! They didn't even charge extra for the field mouse who visited during the night and ate our trail mix. Put the North Rim on your bucket list for next time. Thanks for sharing your trip.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Wow thanks Susan O! Glad you're enjoying the posts. Yes, we DO have a lovely country!!

Oh how wonderful, Marissa! Hopefully I'll go to the North Rim sometime in the next couple of years.


Thanks ladies!!
Good luck and God's blessings to you also!

Diane Burton said...

This is a trip of a lifetime. Such lovely pics. Sedona is beautiful, esp the red rocks. I take it you're not going down to Phoenix??? Another lovely place.

Alicia Dean said...

Beautiful pics! I'm so glad you're enjoying the trip.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hey, Pam! I love seeing the Grand Canyon and would love to go the north rim sometimes. Sedona is loverly. I have never been to the Painted Desert, but have been to the Crater and the Petrified Forest. PBS did a fabulous series on National Parks.

Dana McNeely said...

Hi, Pamela,

As an Arizonan, I have to agree, the Grand Canyon is spectacular. And you made a wise decision to stay in Flagstaff and not come down to Phoenix right now, as the temperatures are hovering around 110.

donnabsnow@gmail.com said...

So here are the pictures! LOL

I'm with you, I loved the grandeur of the Grand Canyon. I loved Red Rock Canyon too! The colors are amazing!

Looks like a lovely trip!