Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Saturday Spotlight - Wendy Davy & You Can't Hide!

Good Morning Friends,

It is my pleasure to bring to you my friend & fellow Pelican Book Author, Wendy Davy with her brand new release, You Can't Hide....


Wendy Davy is an award winning author with several titles available. 
She uses her active imagination and love of adventure to create faith based stories of the heart. When not writing or chasing around her young children, she spends time reading, enjoying her real-life hero and watching movies. She loves hearing from readers and can be contacted at wendy@wendydavy.com. Visit Wendy at www.wendydavy.com




Cara Dalton lives a normal, routine life until her first daring adventure lands her in imminent danger. Mistaken as a witness to a brutal crime, she becomes the target of a ruthless drug smuggler who is willing to stop at nothing to silence her. Now, she must place her safety in the hands of a wounded stranger.

Undercover agent Gage McKenna knows all too well the dangers Cara is up against. Recovering from a life altering injury—inflicted by the same man who now hunts Cara—Gage faces an uncertain future of his own.

As Gage and Cara team up to fight this highly motivated killer, they must learn to rely on each other or risk losing it all.

Excerpt: 

"Don't ask me to do this." Gage McKenna gripped the cell phone tight against his ear. "I'm in no shape to protect anyone."

"I don't believe that. Besides, you've been holed up on Cedar Island long enough." Jonas Dalton's voice came through clear.

"You don't understand."

"I do understand. I was in Columbia when it all went down, remember? You'd be dead if it weren't for me." 

Gage cringed and dragged a hand down his whiskered face. "I can't believe you're playing that card."

"Believe it, pal. This is personal. My sister's life is in danger."

"Why don't you protect her yourself?"

"I've got to get back to Columbia before my cover's blown. I need you to take her in ASAP."

"Why me?"

"I don't trust anyone else."

Gage stood, testing his strength. Searing pain shot up his left leg, and he fought to keep a moan from escaping his lips. He wasn't ready to protect anyone, no matter what Jonas said. "I want to be left alone."

"Why? So you can pity yourself to death? It's time you come back to the land of the living." 

His friend might have a point, but he didn’t like it. "I’m not leaving Cedar Island."

"I’m not asking you to."

Gage tensed. "No way. She’s not coming here." Not to his sanctuary. With only a handful of houses remaining on the Eastern Shore barrier reef island, he was virtually alone, and he liked it that way.

"Do you think I have other options?" Jonas’s tone took on a heightened sense of urgency. Normally calm and cool under pressure, that could only mean one thing—this situation must be serious.

You Can't Hide is available now through Pelican Book Group/White Rose Publishing!
 
Well Friends, hope you've enjoyed this spotlight as much as I have! Stay tuned next week for more Tuesday Treasures, Thursday Thoughts and another Saturday Spotlight!

4 comments:

Wendy Davy said...

Thanks Pam!

Wendy Davy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karla Akins said...

What an intriguing story!! It's great to meet Wendy Davy here. Thanks, Pam!

Wendy Davy said...

Thanks Karla. I hope you get a chance to read You Can't Hide. I'd love to hear what you think!