Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thursday Thoughts - Practicing HIS Presence

Good Morning Friends!

I'm still reading Just Like Jesus by Max Lucado and chapter five is titled, "Being Led by an Unseen Hand... A God-Intoxicated Heart" in which Max talks about how Jesus was in constant communion with the Father. He also mentions Frank Laubach whose journal chronicled his experiment to be in "continuous inner conversation with God."

Isn't this the goal of us all?

There are other books out there that chronicle day by day communication with God.... God Calling and Jesus Calling are two I can think of right off.

But how do we, busy as we are with all of the distractions of our modern world achieve such a feat - especially if we are not members of the clergy or spouses of clergy?

How do we practice HIS presence, and if we figure that out, would God become so real to us that an hour in His presence would leave us feeling fresh and new and unencumbered?

I've wondered this and even attempted to call HIM to mind often throughout the day, to acknowledge HIM and to feel His presence.

I wish I could say my attempts had miraculous results -- they haven't.

But this is one thing I desire most - to know HIM so intimately that every thought, word and deed is a reflection of His presence in my life -- in me.

So I'll keep trying, keep pressing on to the high calling of Christ Jesus and who knows, maybe one day I'll be able to share my experience with the world!

Until later....take care, God Bless and remember.....when you expect miracles, miracles happen!
 PamT

No comments: