Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Are Your Dreams Big Enough?

We’ve all heard the old adage, “When you dream, dream big cause all of heaven is dreaming with you,” but I wonder, are our dreams big enough?

The Bible talks a lot about God speaking to us through dreams and visions.

In The Secret, Jack Canfield says something to the effect of, “most people don’t think about what they really want because they can’t see how it will happen.”

One of the tools touted by The Secret is visualization, which is fine. But every visualization product I’ve used shows a ‘dream home’ or ‘dream car’ far different from what I have in mind.

Joe Vitale, another teacher in The Secret, says, “We don’t all want the same thing, we don’t all want the same experience.” I can vouch for that! I just can’t imagine myself in a multi-million dollar home or driving an expensive car.

But I can imagine myself in a nice log home and driving a nice SUV or sleek convertible.

The fact that what most people view as “wealth” is sometimes what I would consider “a vulgar display of wealth,” makes me wonder if maybe my dreams aren’t big enough or if I’m blocking my own wealth from coming to me with my mindset – but that’s a whole other post LOL!

You may wonder what my idea of “wealth” is – well, here it is: My idea of wealth is enough money that I can stay home and do what I love most; WRITE while living in my log home. Enough $$ to be able to travel when we want, to where we want, instead of scrimping and saving just to go see our kids up north once a year. And enough invested so that my lifestyle isn’t compromised by social or economic change.

What’s your dream or idea of wealth? I’d love to hear your comments!

Until later remember…when you dream, dream big cause all of heaven is dreaming with you!

Can dreams shattered by domestic violence be restored and faith renewed? Find out in Tempered Dreams!

Pamela S Thibodeaux
“Inspirational with an Edge!” (TM)

No comments: