Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

#WednesdayWordswithFriends welcomes T.I. Lowe!

 Good Morning!

Well, we left home yesterday running from Hurricane Laura and praying everyone in her path is safe!

Today's guest has visited before with her Carolina Coast series. So far we've found the story behind the story of Driftwood Dreams and Beach Haven and read excerpts from both on Saturday Spotlight Here and Here. Today we get the scoop on book 3 Sea Glass Castle. Welcome Tonya, I love that title! Please tell us more about your book....

1. What inspired you to write Sea Glass Castle?

There is a double meaning in the title, and both meanings are what inspired this book. As you can imagine, a castle—aka life—made out of glass is considered extremely fragile, and if not enough care is taken, it will shatter. The beauty of sea glass is that it’s actually formed from broken pieces that have gone through a turbulent journey in the ocean. It’s perfectly symbolic for Sophia and Weston’s story.

2. What role does faith play in this story?

I honestly feel like my faith always plays an important part in every story I tell, whether I draw it from inspiration or struggles. I’m human and stumble a lot more than I let on. The stumble I drew inspiration from for this story is having the mind-set of trying to be everything to everyone. It’s not even feasible, and I’ve gotten lost a couple of times while trying to do it. I took that struggle and made it Sophia’s. She tries to maintain the facade of having a perfect marriage, home life, and career. Of course, fissures of truth get past her weakening facade and cause life as she knew it to shatter. She then has to brave rebuilding a new life, being mindful not to make the same mistakes again.

3. Did you face any challenges in writing this story?

Every story comes with its own challenges. The challenge with Sea Glass Castle was bringing two people together who were basically sworn enemies at the beginning of the story, making them agree to “fake” dating, and then figuring out how they stop pretending to be fake. You think you’re confused by my answer, try writing that! LOL. There was nothing smooth about their romance, but that’s the fun of the challenge!

4. What lessons or truths do you hope people take away from Sea Glass Castle? 

The Bible verse for this book holds a lot of the truths I wanted to share with people. “We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed” (2 Corinthians 4:8-9).

5. As an author, what did you particularly enjoy about writing this story?

It had to be creating the zany characters: Doc Nelson and Weston’s brother, Seth. Those two cracked me up with the shenanigans they got into. They’re both a great contrast to Weston’s serious role of being a doctor and grown man. I cannot wait for the readers to meet them. Seth would so own it as the lead hero in a book . . .

6. What was the most difficult part of writing this story?

It was devastating to put Weston through tragedies that I never want to face myself. It broke my heart to have to break his, but it had to be done for the story. It was quite rewarding to give him a second chance at not only love but also career and family.

7. Can you tell us about your inspiration for the main character in this book, Sophia Prescott? What about Dr. Weston Sawyer?

Both characters gave me the opportunity to explore backgrounds that I had not done before now in a book: a divorcée and a widower. Sophia is prissy. Weston is prim and proper. Both of which I am not. So their characters were challenging all around, but in a good way. I pushed myself (and probably my editor) with my approach at telling their story in a way that felt realistic.

8. Do you have a favorite scene? If so, explain why.

Of course I have a favorite scene, and of course it includes the Knitting Club! Those spunky hens crash Weston and Sophia’s cooking class date night. And, well, you’ll have to read how they get so carried away that Weston has to drive them home. Funny stuff!

9. Is there any other relationship beside the romance you’d like to share about?

The most endearing relationship I’ve had the pleasure to develop in a story has to be the one between Weston and Collin, Sophia’s three-year-old son. The camaraderie and the bittersweet moments they privately share left me weepy at times. 

10. In what ways do you hope this story connects with contemporary Christian women?

Sophia is a contemporary Christian woman who has to face some pretty devastating trials, but she rises above them for the sake of her child. Her determination to do whatever it takes to support her child, which means humbling herself and accepting a new career path, is absolute inspiration. She shows Collin, and readers, that you can overcome obstacles through perseverance and standing firm in your faith.

Tonya “T. I.” Lowe is a native of coastal South Carolina. She attended Coastal Carolina University and the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, where she majored in psychology but excelled in creative writing. In 2014, Tonya independently published her first novel, Lulu’s Café, which quickly became a bestseller. Now the author of twelve published novels with hundreds of thousands of copies sold, she knows she’s just getting started and has many more stories to tell. She resides near Myrtle Beach with her family

Sea Glass Castle can be purchased at Amazon in print and on Kindle and other online and brick & mortar stores where Christian Fiction is available.

Hope you enjoyed today's post friends and that you'll stop by each week for more Wednesday Words with Friends as well as Saturday Spotlight!

Until next time take care, be safe and God bless.

PamT

8 comments:

Mary Preston said...

I love the symbolism of the title. It is lovely too.

D. V. Stone said...

Great post! Thank you for sharing. D. V. 🦉

Barbara Britton said...

Great interview, T.I. Your cover is so comforting. I love it.

Kara O'Neal said...

Enjoyed the post!

Alina K. Field said...

I love your explanation of the book's title! So lovely!

Jacqueline Seewald said...

A fine interview! Congrats on the publication of your novel.

Barbara Bettis said...

What a lovely interview. Wishing you all the best!

T.I. Lowe said...

Thank you to Pam and each one who took the time to read and comment! I appreciate it more than you know!