Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

#TuesdayTreasures Your Body

Good Morning Friends,

It's been so long since I shared something I treasure with you, I was unsure what to write about until I looked at a couple of pics from my recent trip to Bandera, TX.

How often do we think about our bodies with awe and appreciation?

I'd reckon not as often as we do with disgust or displeasure.

The Bible states that we are fearfully and wonderfully made and that God knit us together in our mother's womb. Therefore, the human body is a miraculous machine and I've come to appreciate mine more over the last few years than I ever did as a younger woman.



Especially when it enables me to hike and experience a view like this one from Lost Maples State Park in Vanderpool, TX....about 35 miles NW of Bandera and deeper into the Hill Country.

So the next time you're tempted to complain about your body, take a moment and think about all it does for you, then praise and bless it instead.

You'll be amazed at how much better it responds and you'll feel.

Something to think about....

"Inspirational with an Edge!"

PS: Hope you enjoyed today's treasure and that you'll visit weekly for Tuesday Treasures, Thursday Thoughts and Saturday Spotlight.

Until next time...take care and God Bless.
PamT

12 comments:

Marissa Garner said...

You're right. Women especially spend far too much time being critical of their bodies. Thanks for the inspiration.

Susan Coryell said...

I have discovered yoga (7 years ago) in my retirement age and it keeps me toned all over. The body is an amazing thing! Artificial knee, arthritic fingers, aching shoulder--all respond positively to yoga class.
Nice post!

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

You are so right Marissa and I'm as guilty as the next gal (or guy) but lately after reading books like You Can Heal Your Lift by Louise Hay I've begun appreciating my body more.

Wow Susan, I love Yoga! I take a Centergy class which is a combination of Yoga and Pilates and try to take a Yoga class 2 x a month.

Thank you both for stopping by!
PamT

LoRee Peery said...

Thanks, Pam. I needed this today. Praise for what my body can do rather than what hurts.

M.J. Schiller, Romance Author said...

You are so right! I often think about the wonders of the human body. For example, think about--really THINK about--the fact that if are body sustains an injury it HEALS ITSELF! That is pretty amazing in my book!

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Exactly LoRee & MJ!

Thanks for stopping by!
PamT

Nightingale said...

Mine isn't up to par anymore. I need to get back there. Thanks for sharing the treasure, the pix and congrats on your hike. Happy Tuesday!

Kara O'Neal said...

I love Lost Maples! We took the kids camping there several years ago. It's beautiful. Enjoyed the post! You are right, or rather, God was right. We are wonderfully made by him and should appreciate it instead of hate it.

Leah St. James said...

So true! I think many of us take our bodies, and all they can do, woefully for granted! All of nature fascinates me, from the smallest microbe to the most complex of organisms. It is all so truly awesome and wondrous.

Wild Women Authors said...

It is lovely.
Thank you for the encouraging thoughts, Pam
Veronica Lynch

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

I doubt any of us are "up to par" Linda, but if we do our best to be as healthy as possible I do believe our body is very forgiving.

Oh wow, Kara so glad you and your family enjoyed the park! A lot easier said than done, to appreciate instead of hate our bodies, but when we make the effort it's beneficial all the way around.

Nature amazes me too, Leah and you are so correct in saying how awesome and wonderful ALL of it is!

Thanks Veronica/Kathryn...

So glad EACH of you stopped by! I appreciate your support more than words can express.

PamT

Diane Burton said...

A good reminder, Pam. As long as we're alive we shouldn't take our bodies for granted or complain about them.