Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Saturday, July 2, 2016

#SaturdaySpotlight is on Kara O'Neal and The Miller Brides!

Good Morning Friends!

I pray whatever you do to celebrate this weekend you have fun and be safe!

Today I am excited to introduce to you an author never before featured on our blog. I met Kara O'Neal through an online promotion group I belong to. I received a copy of her book The Miller Brides to read, review and share in a "pass the reads" event. I loved this book! You can read my review HERE.

Naturally when I meet a new author or read a great book I like to share them with you. So without further ado, meet Kara O'Neal....

Born and raised in Texas, the state had to be the setting for my first series. From the food to the fun, like floating the rivers, it is the fire in my blood that inspires me. My family and friends take center stage in my books. My sisters and best friends are my heroines, and my husband created my favorite hero. Love and family are the point of my stories, and I seek to entertain, relieve stress, and inspire people. Books can take one on a journey that one can relive over and over. I am extremely grateful to those authors who did that very thing for me. I learned and I fell in love with their words and characters. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. Please visit me at www.karaoneal.com
You can also connect with me on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter, and visit my Amazon and B&N author pages.

After Eulalie Miller was left at the altar, her younger sisters, Susannah and Lucy, pledge to never forsake her, not suspecting the vow would label them "Spinster Sisters". Neither did they realize Eulalie would become so formidable, the male population would be too scared to darken their doorstep.

But, while Eulalie makes it her mission to protect her sisters from men, she can't stop Brady Callahan, the saloon owner, from turning Susannah's head. Nor can she keep Harold Dawson, recently widowed, from stealing Lucy's heart. And when Richard Morrison comes calling for Eulalie, expecting courtship, marriage, and her love, Eulalie’s world is turned on its axis.

As the "Spinster Sisters" tumble into romance, the people of Pikes Run might have to seek a new title for them. One of distinction and hope…



The Miller Brides.

Excerpt:
The sign was red and gold and gleamed brightly in the sunlight. Callahan’s. The scrollwork was gorgeous, and if rumors were correct, she knew Brady Callahan had carved the word himself.

Swallowing thickly, she ignored her shaking knees and went up the steps. The lively music frightened her, but she wouldn’t let it deter her from her course. Setting a hand on the batwing doors, she pushed inside.

As her eyes adjusted to the dimmer light, she was aware of the sudden stop of the music and the sound of crashing glass as something hit the floor. While she’d seen his saloon before, during the protests the Ladies Auxiliary had conducted, she’d never been inside.

Blinking away her fuzzy vision, she found a very tall and broad shouldered man behind the bar. His jaw was slack as he looked at her. Unable to say anything to him, Susannah ignored his shock and ran her gaze over the rest of the establishment.

Billiards, tables, the piano—with an equally shocked piano player—dominated the large room. There was a mirror over the bar, several shelves of glasses and a stairway that led to upper rooms. The only men inside appeared to be employees of Callahan’s. A slow exhale escaped her lips.

The establishment held no innocence, nothing feminine. She was in a man’s domain. Heavenly days!  What was she doing?

“Did I hear somethin’ break?”

Susannah froze at the sound of Brady Callahan’s voice.

“Zeke?” he called when no one answered.

Still neither man said a word.

Heavy, booted steps sounded from the back.

Oh, dear. Oh, dear. Oh, dear. Her throat went dry. Her knees shook uncontrollably.

He emerged, looking as dark and as wolfish as always. He wore only his shirtsleeves, black pants and a satin vest of deep blue. He paused when he saw her.

His dark hair was so thick, her fingers itched to run through the strands. Run her hands through his hair, indeed!  What a thought. But she couldn’t banish the need.

He walked toward her. Slowly.

She clenched her hands into fists and lifted her chin.

“Aren’t you a brave one?” he drawled. “Comin’ in here when you stole from me.”

She couldn’t seem to force any words past her lips. Oh, dear.

“All by your lonesome, too, huh?”  He stopped a few feet from her.

She could smell his spicy cologne, feel the heat of his gaze on her. Oh, dear.

“And just why are you here?  Come to see the devil’s den?  Come to spit in my face?”

Her heart twisted at his question. Images of him holding flowers in his hand stole her breath. My God!  Why was his mere presence so powerful?  Heat radiated off him, searing her flesh and making her sway toward him.

He put a hand on her upper arm. “Susannah?”

The sound of her given name on his lips made her insides melt and her intent spill from her mouth. “I’ve come to court you, Brady Callahan. What do you say to that?”

*********

Wow...great excerpt!  The Miller Brides is part of Kara's "Pikes Run" series and as I mentioned earlier, I really enjoyed this book so if you enjoy Historical romance, drop by Amazon or BarnesandNoble and order your copy today!

Hope you enjoyed today's spotlight and I pray you check back weekly for Tuesday Treasures, Thursday Thoughts and Saturday Spotlights!

Until next time...take care and God bless!
PamT


16 comments:

Kara O'Neal said...

Thank you so much for having me, Pam. I love your blog and it's nice to be a part of what you do.

Nightingale said...

Hi Kara, I'm in TX, too, but not a native. Nice cover and excerpt. Best of luck with The Miller Brides!

Marissa Garner said...

Great excerpt. Sounds like an awesome book!

K.M. Daughters said...

Loved your book, Kara. Great getting. To know you.

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Kara,

Texas seems to have a lot of fine writers! Congrats and best wishes for the success of your series.

Kara O'Neal said...

Thank you everyone! Texas produces a lot of talent, and I hope I add to it.

Elizabeth Alsobrooks said...

Well I say, wow! What a great hook, Kara. You know we can't wait for his reaction! Another book for the TBR list! Great excerpt. Thanks for the intro, Pam!

Alicia Dean said...

Excellent hook! Really enjoyed the excerpt. You did a good job of conveying emotion. Love the premise of the series too...best wishes for tons of sales!

marilyn leach said...

This story sounds like one of those you'd see on the Hallmark Channel. I wish you the best, Kara, in your book ventures. Cheers

Leah St. James said...

Loved the excerpt, Kara! Hope you have lots of success with the book!

Leah St. James said...

Loved the excerpt, Kara! Hope you have lots of success with the book!

Kara O'Neal said...

Thank you so much, and I really wish Hallmark would call me up to make a TV series. That is a dream I can't seem to let go of. :)

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

So thankful you all stopped by!
I really enjoyed reading The Miller Brides and The Soldier's Love .. both Pike's Run books!

Murillo Family said...

I just love Kara O'Neil!

Veronica Lynch said...

Hi, Kara and Pam
sorry to be so late coming to visit. I'm in the middle of a four day craft show so getting online is iffy at best. I love this series and am so glad to see Kara getting around.
Have a fabulous and safe holiday weekend everyone!
Veronica Lynch

M.J. Schiller, Romance Author said...

Love it! Love it! Love it! I am itching to read this series! Thanks for sharing your talent with us, Kara! Best wishes for the Pike's Run Series!