Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, January 29, 2015

#ThursdayThoughts: #RandomRamblings

Hello,

Would say "good morning" but it's almost noon LOL! Been busy and as usual, lots going on, so today is going to be one of those random rambling days.

When I left this morning to go to the gym and swim (hey! I'm a poet and didn't know it) ;-) ... See, my mind is in a million places today... Anyway the fog was so thick it was like driving through pea soup..or maybe cream of mushroom soup...okay some kind of heavy broth... whatever, but it got me to thinking about how much of our life we spend in a fog.

Mental.
Emotional.
Spiritual.

Or all of the above. 

How often do we go through our days and nights on automatic pilot, not asleep but not really awake, and definitely not aware.

In the spiritual world, teachers such as Dr. Wayne Dyer and Eckhart Tolle talk a lot about staying in the now; being focused and aware of what's going on in and around you in any given moment.

I know, I know, easier said than done...I mean we've all got so much going on, busy from daylight to dark thirty.We get caught up in the drama of our daily lives....jobs, death, divorce, health, kids, parents, grandchildren....You get my drift. We're all going a hundred miles a minute and getting nowhere fast. And we miss out on the present-moment miracles happening all around us.

But seriously, is there some way we can accomplish all of this and still remain alert and aware of our inner man, our life's purpose?

I think one way is to stop often during the day and just ask yourself, "What am I thinking and what is going on around me, inside me?" 

Then take a moment and just listen...to your heart, to the deepest whispers of your soul.

Try it and you may find that.....


Something to think about....
Inspirational with an Edge! 


No comments: