Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Thursday Thoughts: Procrastination

We've all heard the old adage, "Never put of until tomorrow what you can do today" but how many times do we do just that?

I've recently found out that I'm as guilty as the next person and what this does to me personally is make my work 3x harder!

What do I mean by that?

A couple of years ago I paid for new covers and did a quick edit through my Tempered series then put them up on Kindle, Nook & at Smaswords with the intention of getting them up in print also.

I've been working off and on in this endeavor for what seems like forever!

Well I finally got all of the formatting issues resolved and ordered another print proof and set out to read through, word for word and guess what?

You guessed it! I've found so many "little" things that, although a reader might not catch them, make me cringe!

In my haste to get the books up on Kindle, Nook and for other E-readers, I've put out less than my best work, which in my mind is an integrity issue!

Boy is it ever an eye-opening experience. Now I have to go back through not only the print version, but all three of the other versions!

So take some advice from someone who has learned her lesson....Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today and DON'T be in a hurry! Give your best in everything.

After all, God gave His BEST to us!

Something to think about....
"Inspirational with an Edge!" 

1 comment:

Ashley York said...

Very good story. I know I totally relate. If we are to do our work with the idea that we work for God, translating that into my writing really changes things for me.Thanks for that eye opening perspective. I need to focus in on my priorities.