Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

#WednesdayWordswithFriends welcomes D.K. Christi

Good Morning!

I hope you are all faring well with this crazy Covid-19 crap. We're taking all the precautions we can and so far are all healthy - Praise God!

Today's guest was in our spotlight last month, so please welcome D. K. Christi back with a few words to share with us.....

A writer must write.  That’s all there is to it.  Mom always says it’s a financial loss to write when I could be doing something else that leads to real money, not spurts and spits.  Well, everything I read tells me that the artist’s life is usually one of spurts and spits so I fit right in. I would prefer to have a patron who picks up my expenses, but I live the solo life and for me that requires free-lancing.  Don’t get me wrong. Free-lancing has its advantages.  Never in my lifetime would I have exchanged conversations with the great people I have had the pleasure to interview and quickly note how much I liked them.  One such interview was with Marlo Thomas.  She struck me as almost fragile, petite and seated elegantly for the interview, every curl in place, and light makeup revealing a lovely face and a warm smile. She spoke in a soft but clear feminine voice of genuine interest in my southwest Florida and said that she and Phil had visited the lovely Everglades. I was so energized on my way to my car by my own good fortune in meeting with her that my expensive smart phone slipped from my hands and cracked the glass as it hit the cement.  There is a long list of exceptional interviews, but every time I see St. Jude hospital ads with Marlo Thomas in them, she remains special – in spite of the cost of a new phone.

Wow, how exciting D.K! Seems you've led an interesting life and had a great career. We certainly wish you the best of luck and God's blessings.

D. K. Christi, M.Ed. has over twenty years grant-writing and public relations success, five years as an editor for an international CPA firm, nine years magazine and newspaper writing, three published novels, BAMBOO RING, ARIRANG and GHOST ORCHID and stories published in seven anthologies.

"Themes of friendship surviving tragedy, love conquering adversity & the triumph of the human spirit over the hardships of life serve to uplift and inspire...through her stories perhaps discover something new about yourself. " -- Amazon.com

Christi interviews celebrities and notables from Jack Hanna to Rob Reiner, Whoopie Goldberg, Newt Gingrich, Jeb Bush, Marlo Thomas, Chris Gardner and more. She lived and worked in Europe, Asia and the Caribbean and spent three years sailing the Caribbean Islands from Ft. Lauderdale to Venezuela.

A polished platform presenter and professional voice with multiple writing and publication topics, she also has an entertaining and informative approach to Sex, Myth and Magic - The Ghost Orchid, popular at book club, book store, environmental and orchid events.

"The beauty of the Everglades shines through on every page, the ghost orchid the heart and soul of the story." -- National Public Radio

D. K. Christi has been executive director, president, CEO and founding board member to successful philanthropic and corporate entities such as the Community Foundation of Collier County, Florida begun in 1985 with currently over 400 funds,  $64 million in assets, and $64 million in grants distributed.

From technical writing to general literature, Christi travels the gamut of literary expression and takes her readers along for an emotional and enlightening ride.

Find out more about D.K by visiting her Website. Get your copy of Ghost Orchid at Amazon.

Hope you enjoyed today's post friends and that you'll stop by each week for Wednesday Words with Friends and Saturday Spotlight! Be sure to leave a comment to be entered into my monthly gift card giveaway!

Until next time, take care and God bless.
PamT

11 comments:

Gail Pallotta said...

Wow! You have had an interesting life. Congratulations on your successes. How fun to interview Marlo Thomas.

D. K. Christi said...

Thank you for stopping at the blog. It's always amazing to find celebrities are just people with a different career. Be well and find joy in every day. dk

Barbara Britton said...

Hi D.K. I enjoyed your interview. I remember Marlo Thomas from "That Girl!" Quite a lifetime ago. Congratulations on your book release.

D. V. Stone said...

Congratulations and best of luck with your book. I remember fondly "That Girl". D. V. 🦉

Jacqueline Seewald said...

So great to learn more about your interesting career! Wishing you the best.

D. K. Christi said...

Barbara and D.V. - and Jacqueline - Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing your remembrances for Marlo Thomas and wishing me the best. This is such a wonderful chance to connect as we isolate across the U.S. I am so grateful for my life experiences. It's so different now that it seems like someone else. Be safe and be well - my best to you.

Kara O'Neal said...

Enjoyed learning about you! Good luck! (And sorry about your phone!)

Alina K. Field said...

Interesting interview! Hope the book does well!

Alicia Dean said...

Oh wow, I love Marlo Thomas! I'm sure it was an honor to meet and interview her. Your book sounds wonderful. Congrats and best wishes!

D. K. Christi said...

Kara, Alina, Alicia - what a lovely set of first names. Thank you so much for commenting. When I interviewed a number of notables, the interviews went to now expired news blogs. While some of them are listed in Google, the links go elsewhere. I was not good at keeping copies of things - and I'm still not. I do still have my Jack Hanna interview, equally delightful in a different way. Best always - dk

Kathy McIntosh said...

Sorry for being late dropping by! Wow, D.K, you have led such a fascinating life! Plus writing novels. I enjoyed Ghost Orchid.
Ooh, I've always loved Marlo Thomas. I might have dropped more than a cell phone when I met her!