Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Saturday, January 20, 2018

#SaturdaySpotlight is on Jaylon Martin

Good Morning Friends,

As you know I always enjoy featuring authors and their books, even more so when the guest is new to me and our blog. Today it is with great pleasure I bring to you 16 year old Jaylon Martin with the first two in a series of YA Sci-Fi books. What is amazing is that this young man not only has the courage and confidence to write, the covers are his own artwork!

Jaylon is a member of Bayou Writers Group and when I think of talent this young man has I remember why I (co)founded this group!

Black Star Universe Book 1: Black Star
16 year old Petra Fields lives in a post apocalyptic universe where she discovers that she's a supernatural warrior called a Black Star after she's attacked by a vicious army called the Gunners. Then, she is sent to the Incorporation where she meets friends, enemies, falls in love, and learns to use her powers. When the Gunners pose a threat to humanity, Petra and the Black Stars must protect the ones they love from the enemies who set out to destroy them.

Black Star Universe Book 2: Black Reality

In the explosive sequel to Black Star, Petra finds herself hunted by dark forces when she discovers the dark side of being a Starsiah. Petra, Chris, Gray, and the others shelter at the surviving society of Anickan when the Gunners attack again revealing that their mission is far from being accomplished. They meet new allies like Lucas Gabriel, the former Starsiah, and Alchemy Hex, a Black Star who can harness magic. Both who are from a realm called the Black Reality. When reality is unbalanced and the universe is at risk of ending, evil rise on the surface and plot to destroy humanity and end the universe once and for all.

Both books can be purchased through Lulu.com

Now let's find out a little more about Jaylon in his own words....

My name is Jaylon Martin, and I live in Lake Charles, Louisiana with my family. I go to school at Lake Charles College Prep. My favorite thing to do is to write stories so I can encourage and inspire kids and teens with characters they can relate to. I am also a Christian. My faith brings up my confidence to write stories.

Thank you Jaylon for your incredible courage to write and publish your work! Good luck and God's blessings with it.

Well Friends, I hope you enjoyed today's spotlight as much as I did bringing it to you and that you'll drop by weekly for Tuesday Treasures, Thursday Thoughts and of course, Saturday Spotlight.

Until next time take care and God bless.
PamT

21 comments:

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Jaylon,

Congrats on your writing! It's great to see a teen who writes for other young adults. Wishing you much success.

Yolanda Martin said...

Jaylon you are so talented and I am truly inspired. Thank you Pam for spotlighting my nephew.

Marianne Evans said...

Jaylon, congratulations! I'm in awe of your skills and determination! Keep shining, and many blessings to you!

Jaylon Martin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaylon Martin said...

Thank you all so much!!! Thank you to you, Pam for having me!!!! This is very encouraging!!!

Jaylon Martin said...

Thank you all so much!!! Thank you to you, Pam for having me!!!! This is very encouraging!!!

Jaylon Martin said...

Thank you all so much!!! Thank you to you, Pam for having me!!!! This is very encouraging!!!

Alina K. Field said...

I think we are living in the best time of all for fiction authors! I'm so glad you jumped right into your dream of writing. Congratulations and I wish you many sales, and many more releases!

Kara O'Neal said...

Jaylon,

My son and daughter would love your books! I plan on passing them on. And I love your main character's name!

Jaylon Martin said...

Thank you my main character is very special and dear to me. Writing about Petra is what helps me keep going not just in my stories but in life.

Suzy Parish said...

Jaylon, I shared your post to my LIttle Free Library page on Facebook. I'm sure you will be an inspiration to many! Best wishes!
Suzy
https://www.facebook.com/NonnisPlaceLittleFreeLibrary36424

Raquel Byrnes said...

What a great series idea! Congratulations. :)

marilyn leach said...

Jaylon, sounds like a terrific read. How imaginative and creative you are, May many readers enjoy your story. Cheers

Barbara M. Britton said...

Congratulations Jaylon on being a multi-published author. I love your covers. You are a talented artist.
Blessings on your endeavors.

Maureen said...

Congratulations Jaylon! Your covers are wonderful.

Alicia Dean said...

Congratulations!! Wow, so ambitious and talented to be so young. Sounds like a great series!

Carole Price said...

Congratulations! Love your covers.

Carole Price

Diana Rubino said...

Good work, Jaylon, and never stop writing!
Diana Rubino

Anonymous said...

Good work young man, keep following your desire to be one of the most prolific writers of all time. I am proud of you.


Mr. Edwards

Kelly Goshorn said...

Great covers! You are so talented! I can't draw stick people! LOL! Good luck!

Emily pinney said...

Hey jaylon, i don't know if you remember me but my names Emily pinney and im really proud of you for what you have done and i hope you can ever forgive me.