Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

#TuesdayTreasures Guest post by Gail Nordskog

Good Morning Friends!

Our guest today shared thoughts with us last month so let's see what she treasures....

A Day in the life of Gail Nordskog

I very much enjoy rising early.   5:30 a.m. is my favorite time no matter what the season is.

This started years ago when my children were young.   At the time I had 4 school age children who were full of chatter from the time they woke up until they fell asleep at night.

In order to start my day peacefully I found 5:30 gave me plenty of time to make a pot of coffee, snuggle with my puppy, read my Bible and Journal. 

I have pretty much kept that schedule all these years although I can sleep in a little longer.  I only have one school age daughter at home.   Kiana is now a junior in High School and my puppy is ten years old. Mitzi is joined by our 3- year-old Pomeranian, Foxi who faithfully follows the same routine with us.

Usually after an hour and 2 cups of coffee I will go outside to feed the Ducks.   We can have anywhere from 5 to 35+ ducks waiting to be fed.   We live in a harbor with a channel that leads to the Pacific Ocean behind our home.   These ducks are not native to ocean waters.  Most are mallards the other 5 are just farm yard type of ducks who are too fat to fly.  These are my favorite as they hang out here in the keys all year round. 

By now my husband is up and helping with the ducks and the dogs.   Jerry usually leaves for work these days between 9 and 10.   He is a man who does not see the word “retirement” in the Bible and has been in the Publishing Business for years.  Nordskog Publishing Inc. is celebrating its 50th Anniversary this year.  My husband just celebrated his 79th birthday this year!   I am not going to tell you what birthday I just celebrated but I am grateful for another year!

I usually have several projects going on at the same time.  Filming and editing my TV program, Hearts of Purpose is a continual project.   The Interviews of most of the authors can be seen on my web-site, Heartsofpurpose.com.   I will be in studio 2X’s this week to help edit one of the shows.   I’ve just recently purchased my own professional video camera and have been able to film on location.  Our 20 year old son, Daniel is often available to help.

I try to get exercise in several days a week, meet with good friends for lunch and support our children and grandchildren in their school and sports activities.

Jerry likes to say we live a rich and full and bountiful life!   Yes, indeed we do!

Jerry and I have raised 6 children, four of our children were adopted from China.   We also enjoy spending time with our 7 grandchildren.

Wow, Gail sounds like you have much to treasure in your busy life!
Thanks for sharing with us.

Gail Grace Nordskog has established the “Gail Grace Nordskog Collection” to embolden readers to live their lives with a “heart of purpose” for God’s glory.

Gail has been involved in media for over two decades. She presently produces and hosts a program called Hearts of Purpose, that can be seen on her website, heartsofpurpose.comHer book, Hearts of Purpose Volume 1: The Call brings you ten real-life stories about ten ordinary women doing extraordinary things for the Glory of God. As you read of how God called these women to service, you will be motivated to explore His call in your own life. Let this reading experience be an invitation for you to take a step closer to fulfilling your God given calling in Christ Jesus and can be found at Amazon.

Gail and Jerry Nordskog live in Ventura, California, where they have raised six children, four of whom were adopted from China.

Hope you enjoyed today's post friends and that you'll drop by Thursday as EA West shares some thoughts with us and then on Saturday I have 16 year old Jaylon Martin in the spotlight!

Until next time, take care and God Bless
PamT

5 comments:

Darcy Flynn said...

Thanks for sharing your treasures, Gail. I love the concept as well as the title, Hearts of Purpose! I'll have to check out your program on your website. Best and blessings to you!

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Gail,

It sounds like you live a very fulfilling life. Congrats

Alina K. Field said...

What peaceful mornings you have! And good for your husband--my husband and I have agreed that if you're doing something you love you should never retire!

Kara O'Neal said...

Thank you so much for sharing. I love the title of your book! Good luck to you!

Alicia Dean said...

Your book sounds wonderful. Wish I could make myself arise at 5:30 each morning. I'd get so much done!! Best wishes.