Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, February 16, 2017

#ThursdayThoughts Random Ramblings & an Experiment on Abundance

Good Morning!

Last night I listened to The Abundance Factor movie while coloring...something I haven't done in a LONG while but have heard so much about the meditative benefits thought I'd try.... Anyway, while listening to The Abundance Factor movie, one idea that stuck with me was 3 things you can do on a daily basis to be/feel more abundant.

#1: Write 3 (or more) things you're grateful for.

#2: Send love to 3 people with whom you're not on the best of terms with (someone you need to forgive or someone who gets on your nerves, etc)

#3: Sit in silence for 5 minutes then ask for direction for your day.

Now as a Christian, we're called to invite Jesus and/or Holy Spirit into our morning meditations and to include bible reading, but the principle is basically the same.

I've gone through various stages of doing this or something similar for years and although my life isn't as "abundant" or "rich" as others' or some may think, it's pretty darn good.

One thing that resonates with me about the spiritual / mental aspects of abundance is to focus on something that represents abundance to you and to really get into the feeling of being abundant.

For some that may be money, others find abundance in nature (a waterfall symbolizes wealth and prosperity in Feng Shui), but the whole concept is really cool.

So here's an experiment..... Pick one (or all 3) of these pictures sit in silence for a few minutes and really let your imagination go while you visualize your life filled with abundance as vast and as plentiful as the picture suggests. Create a mantra around it if you have to....


Money flows into my life plentiful and with ease.









Abundance fills my life in a never-ending flow as lush and beautiful as this waterfall.
                 My life overflows with richness and beauty.


Do you feel more abundant or at least calmer?

I'd love to know so leave a comment.

Hope you enjoyed today's post and that we'll see you each week for Tuesday Treasures, Thursday Thoughts and Saturday Spotlight!

Until next time, take care and God bless.

6 comments:

Susan Oleksiw said...

Good post There is great beauty in the world. We don't need much more than that. I meditate 35 minutes every day, and that seems to set things right.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

I haven't managed to make meditation a normal/regular part of my routine. I usually do so in starts and fits LOL!

I do my best to stay in the present moment - especially while exercising.

35 minutes sounds wonderful!

Maybe one day.....

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Susan.
Good luck and God's blessings
PamT

Diane Burton said...

Great post. Thanks for sharing.

Jacqueline Seewald said...

A lovely post. Meditation is good for the soul and so are positive thoughts.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Glad you enjoyed the post Diane and Jacquie and THANKS for leaving your comments
Good luck and God's blessings to you both
PamT

Elizabeth Alsobrooks said...

Interesting post, Pam. Thanks for sharing.