Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, August 28, 2014

#ThursdayThoughts: Spiritual Laws of Success

Good Morning Friends,

Although this post is mainly talking to writers, anyone can use it and apply these laws to any business!

Enjoy.....


                                      Spiritual (or Universal) Laws of Success for Writers/Authors




Artists have been living under the “starving artist” syndrome/curse for years. It’s time to put that old adage to rest! There is creative power in writing and speaking.

God said, “My word will not come back void” and “The power of life and death are in the tongue and he who indulges in it shall eat the fruit thereof.”
Scientists have proven that sound goes into infinity then bounces back.

The bible tells us to “write the vision and make it plain upon the tablets...”
Success coaches tell us writing goals makes them 10x more likely to come true and that writing/speaking affirmations can change any circumstance in our life.  

Proverbs teaches us, “As a man believes in his heart, therefore he is.”  
The law of attraction states what you focus on you will get.

In light of all this, shouldn’t we be careful in what we say about ourselves and our work?

Speaking of which, what does your tagline and/or brand say about your vision of yourself as a writer? Your tagline is important because it is a written statement about you and your work, and every time someone reads or says it, those words are given power to create something in your life and career!
My initial thought for a tagline was “the Nora Roberts of Christian fiction.” Because I worried about what Nora and her ‘people’ would say about that (not realizing emulation is the highest form of flattery & the greatest compliment), I chose a different tagline. But I often I wonder where my career would be today had I stuck with my original thought.

Back in 2010 when I received my 4th qtr. royalty statement for 2009 I was devastated. I realized my husband’s illness and subsequent death hindered and halted my writing and promotional efforts but c’mon, that was ridiculous! Frustrated, I looked up to heaven and said, “God, I’ve always said my writing was about the message, not the money, but I don’t know the message is getting out if there are no sales! Just speaking that aloud caused an increase in sales for 2010, but not until 2011 did I put the theory of writing affirmations to the test.

Raised Catholic I knew the benefits of Lenten practices so I decided to write 1 page a day of positive statements such as I am an anointed and successful writer in my prayer journal for 40 days beginning March 9th. That year 1st & 2nd qtr. sales increased by 6 times the amount they were in the last qtr. of 2010!

I continue the practice to this day.

If you are doubting, belittling, or comparing your work to others and/or bemoaning your sales reports, take heed and take heart, because you can change those results by focusing on what you prophesy (speak and say) about your ability and success as an author. 


  Something to think about!
"Inspirational with an Edge!               
               
*References
                The Bible; The Laws of Thinking by Bishop E Bernard Jordan; The Secret by Rhonda Byrne; Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra; A Spiritual Solution to Every Problem by Wayne Dyer; The Success Principles by Jack Canfield.


No comments: