Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Friday, May 23, 2014

Thursday Thoughts: Word of Mouth

I know, I know, it's Friday but better late than never right?! LOL!

Today I'd like to discuss a topic that is a two-edged sword: Word of Mouth.



In the world of sales and marketing, Word of Mouth is one of the BEST forms of advertising. On the other hand, it can also be detrimental if what is said is negative.

But that is not what I'm talking about today. 

I'm talking about GOSSIP.

I've been in various jobs in different levels of employment and I must tell you, no matter what level of integrity the organization, gossip is prevalent.

And even though I despise gossip, I know how easy it is to get wrapped up in someone's bitching and complaining or talking about this one or the other.

I'm not the only one who would rather NOT hear people talk about one another. God is very adamant on the subject. Just check out these Scriptures....
  1. Leviticus 19:16
You shall not go up and down as a dispenser of gossip and scandal among your people, nor shall you [secure yourself by false testimony or by silence and] endanger the life of your neighbor. I am the Lord.
  1. Psalm 41:6
And when one comes to see me, he speaks falsehood and empty words, while his heart gathers mischievous gossip [against me]; when he goes away, he tells it abroad.
  1. Psalm 69:26
For they pursue and persecute him whom You have smitten, and they gossip about those whom You have wounded, [adding] to their grief and pain.
  1. Proverbs 31:27
She looks well to how things go in her household, and the bread of idleness (gossip, discontent, and self-pity) she will not eat.
  1. Ezekiel 36:3
Therefore prophesy and say, Thus says the Lord God: Because, yes, because they made you a desolation, and they snapped after and crushed you from every side so that you became the possession of the rest of the nations and you became the talk and evil gossip of the people,
  1. 2 Corinthians 12:20
For I am fearful that somehow or other I may come and find you not as I desire to find you, and that you may find me too not as you want to find me—that perhaps there may be factions (quarreling), jealousy, temper (wrath, intrigues, rivalry, divided loyalties), selfishness, whispering, gossip, arrogance (self-assertion), and disorder among you.


And last but not least, one of the things mentioned as an "abomination" to the Lord is "he who sows discord among his brothers" (Prov. 16:18-20)

There is an old adage.... If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone adhered to that advice?

Something to think about!
"Inspirational with an Edge! 

No comments: