Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Friday, December 28, 2007

Resolutions & Goals

“Every step I take brings me closer to the realization of my dreams”

Well Friends, it's that time of the year again...time when everyone is thinking about resolutions and goals for the next year of our lives. Every year my goal always seems to be the same...Make enough $$ writing to stay home!

I’ve always wondered why I never seem to get ahead or gain victory in this area of my life until I read The Secret and I realized that victory is within me! Although many claim this book to be “unchristian” I find that it reiterates many Biblical principles.

However much I believe in the power of attraction, I must agree with Judi Moreo’s statement from her book You Are More Than Enough Achievement Journal, “Every step I take brings me closer to the realization of my dreams.”

Yes, the power of attraction works…but faith without works is dead. In other words, you have to do something! Even if that something is as simple as implementing the principles of The Bible and The Secret, you are still proactive in creating your life to be what you want it to be.

Experts say that it takes thirty-days to create a new habit, but I've found that it sometimes takes a lifetime to break old ones. When practicing both Biblical principles and those of The Secret, I’ve found that old ways of thinking/speaking are very hard to change. Oh, sure I may start out with a bang…all excited and expectant, but give it a month or so with little or no change and I’m sorely tempted (and very often) go back to the old negative patterns that are embedded deep within my subconscious.

Statistics show that people who make goals and write them down usually achieve more than those who merely think about what they’d like to accomplish. Visualization is also a powerful tool when it comes to making your dreams come true.

My greatest dream is to have enough $$ to stay home. There are only a few ways this life-long dream will come true….

1) Win the lottery (guess that means I have to do something and buy a ticket LOL!)

2) Sell a TON of books/short stories/articles/essays/etc (this is definitely in God’s hands—however I had 1 novel and 1 short story released in 2007 and have 2 novels and 2 short stories contracted for release in 2008 as well as numerous articles and essays to write/sell/post at sites that generate residual income)

3) Write/promote myself into NY Times Best Seller status (another feat that is in God’s hands; however His Word says that He will bless and multiply my efforts as long as I stay in balance between faith and works)

4) Work/invest/find ways to generate more income (ie; grants, write/edit for others, etc)

5) Dream/visualize/call those things that be not as though they are (Romans 4:17; I’ve created a vision board to help me with this)

I am – and will continue—to practice the principles of The Bible and The Secret to make my dreams come true!

How do you plan to make your dreams come true in 2008?
Leave a comment and let me know!
Until later remember....God has given YOU the power to create wealth! (Deut. 8:18)

"Inspirational with an Edge!"


2 comments:

thewriterslife said...

You get'em girl! It's all about positive thinking and not accepting no for an answer. Everything in the world is at your fingertips...push yourself a little closer to it and let it fall right in your lap! Thank you for being a part of Judi Moreo's Achieve Your Dreams Virtual Book Tour!

Rebecca said...

Your post was great! Make enough money writing to stay I'm sure is a dream of so many as it is one of mine.