Good Morning Friends,
My scheduled guest could not make it today so I'm going to share with you one of my favorite stories -- can I say that when I really love them all? 😅... Anyway... Enjoy this excerpt from Kaylyn's Flowers a Halloween story from my collection of holiday romances, A Hint of Holiday Romance...
Will a storm on All Hallows Eve give Kaylyn and Jake a chance at love?
“Good morning!” Butterflies danced in her core when Coach Jake Simpson’s voice sounded over the line “Heard the wind fairies paid you a visit.”
The thought of her demolished flower beds made her heart weep. She swallowed the lump that rose to choke her and dodged the grief with an attempt at humor. “More like wind witches if my yard’s any indication.”
His chuckle upped the butterflies’ waltz to a frenzied Mambo.
“We’ll be there within the hour to clean up.”
“We?”
“I sent a group text after Connor called, canceled practice and asked for a few volunteers to help with cleanup. Our assistant coach and a couple of team dads are doing the same elsewhere across town. It’s the least we can do for the way this community supports our boys.”
“That’s wonderful, Jake! Teaches them the importance of service too. I’ll make breakfast.”
“No, we want to get right to work, but refreshments after would be appreciated.”
“Done.” Kaylyn disconnected and danced a little jig across the kitchen floor.
Widowed seven years, she’d doubted her ability to get over the grief and conquer her innate shyness enough to date or fall in love again. Besides, she’d been too busy building her floristry business, finishing her degrees in Botany and Horticulture, and raising her son to consider romance.
A Hint of Holiday Romance is available at Amazon in eBook, Paperback and Audio, Other Online/eBook Retailers HERE, AND can be ordered through your favorite bookstore by title or ISBN#: 979-8-9895650-4-7.
I hope you enjoyed this peek into Kaylyn's Flowers and that you'll check back weekly for another edition of Saturday Spotlight.
Meanwhile, take care, God Bless and Read Happy and...
PamT


No comments:
Post a Comment