Good Morning and Welcome to another edition of Saturday Spotlight.
Finally getting back into my routine and I must say, as much as I LOVE to travel, it's Always good to be home. 😊
Today's guest is not brand new to our blog but it has been a while since she visited. Thanks for coming back, Barbara! We're anxious to hear about your latest release, The Heart of the Phoenix. Tell us why you wrote it or what makes it special to you...
I'm so excited to be here, Pam. Thanks for having me back and featuring my new book! I’m drawn to medieval history, especially the Plantagenets, Henry II, Richard, and John. Researching Richard’s crusade (the Third Crusade), I ran across some actions of the crusaders that made me pause. If I had been one of Richard’s knights, I wondered, what would my emotions have been to have gone through the siege of Acre and the aftermath—perhaps if I were injured and left behind? How would that have changed me? And how would I react to the struggle to replace Richard as England’s king once he died?The perfect opportunity to imagine that came when I planned my second book, which featured such a knight, Stephen, who was a secondary character in my first book (Silverhawk). The perfect heroine, Evie, the sister of Stephen’s long-time friend, would not understand how or why Stephen’s experiences had changed him so when he returned and would have to fight her long-time idea of him as her ideal.
The result is The Heart of the Phoenix. I hope readers enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Oh Wow! Isn't it cool when a character from one book becomes the main focus of another? That's how my Tempered series started. Be careful or you just might end up with an entire series yourself! 😂
We'll see about that, Pam LOL! Meanwhile here is the blurb for The Heart of the Phoenix...
Barbara's Bio: A former health insurance claims adjuster, former journalist, former English and journalism professor, Barbara Bettis plans never to be a “former” author. Currently, she’s at home in Missouri, where she writes new stories, edits for others—and loves to hang out with grandchildren. You can connect with Barb on her Facebook Author Page, Personal Page, BookBub and Instagram.
Check out Barbara's previous visits to our blog HERE.
That's all for today, Friends! Thank you for stopping by and be sure to check back next week for another edition of Saturday Spotlight.
Until next time, take care. God Bless and Read Happy!
PamT


No comments:
Post a Comment