Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

#WednesdayWordswithFriends Welcomes Carol James @CarolJamesAuth

Good Morning,

On Saturday our guest shared a peek into her new release, No Longer Captive. Today we get some inspiration behind the story!

Learning a Lesson 

Have you ever run away? I remember when I was about eight years old, I decided I would run away from home. I had a good homelife and loving and supportive parents. But for some reason, something (I don’t even remember what it was) had happened, and my eight-year-old self wanted to “teach them a lesson.” If I ran away, they would be sorry they had wronged me, and they’d never do it again.

In No Longer a Captive, the heroine, Ethne, is running away from her past. But as far and as fast as she goes, she can’t escape the pain. It haunts her, follows her. She blames God for allowing her to be treated as she was and runs from Him, also. She’s like the proverbial hamster in the wheel. Running, running, running, always moving but never making progress.

The story of the Prodigal Son has always been one of my favorites. Filled with pride, the son leaves home. He wastes his inheritance, and in fear and shame decides to return home to face his father’s wrath. But the Father welcomes him home in love. The Bible tells us we cannot hide or run away from God. Wherever we might run, He is there. He is quietly waiting for us. Not in anger, but in love.

As I child I understood the part of the story about sinning and asking forgiveness. What I missed was that the Father had been watching and waiting for the son to return, and when he neared his home, the Father didn’t simply wait for him to arrive, but the Father ran to meet him and celebrated his return.

A simple Bible story that most of us know, but often forget to apply to our lives. What situation, person, failure are you running from? Turn and run toward the One who can handle it. He’ll meet you more than half-way.

And my running away episode? With my bags packed, at the last minute, I changed my mind. I realized how sad my parents would be and didn’t want to hurt them. I was the one who was “taught the lesson.”

Bio:

Carol James is an author of inspirational fiction. She loves creating Redemptive Romance. She lives in Lilburn, Georgia, a small town outside of Atlanta, with her husband, Jim, and a perky Jack Russell Terrier, Zoe.

Having always loved intriguing stories with happy endings, she was moved to begin writing to encourage others as she'd been encouraged by the works of other authors of inspirational fiction.

Her debut novel, Rescuing Faith, was an Amazon number one best-seller. Visit her website to sign up for her newsletter to be the first to learn about new releases: www.carol-james.com

Just recently, Carol allowed Zoe to start an instagram page with two of her dog friends. Follow them at 3DogsandtheirAuthors to learn the behind the scenes info about being a writer.

Carol enjoys spending time with her husband, children, and grandchildren, traveling with friends, and serving in the production department at her church. And most days, in the late hours of the night or the wee hours of the morning, she can be found bringing her newest novel to life.

Connect with Carol at the following locations....

CarolJamesWebsite ~ FacebookCarolJames ~ InstagramCarolJamesAuth ~ TwitterCarolJamesAuth

GoodreadsCarolJames ~ BookbubCarolJames ~ AmazonCarolJames ~ Newsletter Sign-up

 

No Longer a Captive purchase links:

Amazon: https://tinyurl.com/56pdpzmy

Pelican: https://bit.ly/3lve7NN

B&N: https://tinyurl.com/4jnj8u7p

Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/no-longer-a-captive

 

BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/books/no-longer-a-captive-by-carol-james

 

Good reads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/58857487-no-longer-a-captive

Read Carol's previous posts HERE

What a sweet story, Carol! I believe we've all run away, or considered doing so, at some point in our lives. Thanks for sharing.

Hope you enjoyed Carol's post friends and that you'll check back each week for Saturday Spotlight and Wednesday Words with Friends.

Until next time, take care and God Bless.

PamT

11 comments:

Carol James said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol James said...

Pam, thanks so much for letting me share on your blog today.

D. V. STONE said...

Thank you for sharing. The prodigal son is also one of my favorites. But what grips me is the older son. It teaches me that God is with all who seek him. Those who stray and those who stay. Never to begrudge those who are blessed on the return but to look at the blessings I already have. D. V.

Carol James said...

Yes. We can learn so much from the older brother. In fact, I address that in one of my other books, Season of Hope. Thanks so much for your comments.

Alicia Dean said...

Wow...sounds like a great read. Congrats and best wishes!

Carol James said...

Thanks, Alicia. I’m excited to say it went up to #3 on Amazon in anew release category.

Alina K. Field said...

What a beautiful post!

Suzy Parish said...

I'm reading and enjoying this book! Great writing, Carol!

Mary Preston said...

I'm looking forward to reading this.

Carol James said...

Thank you, Suzy.

Carol James said...

Thanks, Mary. I hope you will enjoy it.