Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

#WednesdayWordswithFriends new guest, Beverly Bateman

Good Morning

I hate to speculate but I do believe Fall is here to stay....for now LOL! One thing about Louisiana weather - if you don't like it, just wait a minute, it'll change. Cliche' I know, but true.

Not sure what your weekend plans are but if you're out and about in the Lake area and looking for a place to go, Bayou Writers Group is having a workshop. Keynote speaker, Lindsey Duga will be talking all day on pitching and writing in the digital age. It's sure to be a great day so if you're a writer, carve out some time for yourself and head on over to the Holiday Inn @ 1150 W. Prien Lake Rd and enjoy the learning experience. Registration information can be found on Bayou Writers Group website.

PSA: I proofed the audio files for Tempered Dreams over the weekend so stay tuned for more info on that!

Now, without further ado, our guest today is brand new to the blog so please give Beverly Bateman a great, big SW LA welcome....

What do I treasure - my family of course and my pets. However, it may sound a little trite, but for me its health and living life to the fullest.  I was diagnosed with breast cancer when I was forty-two. My first thoughts were that I had no regrets.  I had done a lot of things on my bucket list, even though people kept saying I should wait until I retired. Thank heavens I never listened to them. The next thing was my belief in the power of positive thinking.. . Through treatment and the power of positive thinking I‘ve been cancer free for many years. But I do focus on doing everything I can, (except when I slip) to stay healthy and treat your body in the healthiest way possible. 

Years ago foods were natural and there was less environment pollution. Remember what your grandparents ate? So it was easier to eat healthy back then. You didn’t have aisles and aisles and multi commercials all telling you to eat foods with twenty ingredients and additives and at least half you can’t pronounce or know what they are and why we need them. Did I always eat the way I try to eat today? Not really but it didn’t use to be so difficult. I find that if I’m careful (and yes the occasional cheating is allowed) about my eating habits, my exercise and keeping a positive outlook, my body stays healthier as I age, which allows me to do the things I want. So what do I treasure the most, especially as I age, it’s health and living life to the fullest.

Murder, mystery and romance fills award-winning, Canadian author, Beverley Bateman's life. She loves to plot, kill and hopefully baffle the reader. Her nursing and public health nursing background helps with some details and administering a community care facility program had her investigating and directing investigations into irregularities and sometimes a death. She even has court experience.

She began writing in her preteens and loved to write locked room mysteries. Reading Nancy Drew helped her figure out plots. Facing breast cancer, she decided she needed to do what she’d always wanted and began to write. She completed her first romantic suspense novel and hasn’t stopped writing since. She recently moved and now lives among ranches and wheat fields in southern Alberta, with her husband and Shiba Inu dog.

You can find and follow Beverly on Social Media at the following places.....



Twitter @kelownawriter 




LinkedIn - babateman@shaw.ca https://www.linkedin.com/in/beverleybateman/


Instagram Beverley.Bateman1

Beverly's latest book, The Foundation – The Fourth Victim - Sara’s Story, can be found at Amazon, Kobo, Itunes, GooglePlay and B&N.

Thank you, so much, Beverly for sharing your healthy living with us. We certainly wish you the best of luck and God's blessings in your life and writing.

Hope you enjoyed Beverly's visit as much as I have, friends and that you'll come back each week for Wednesday Words with Friends as well as Saturday Spotlight!

Until next time, take care and God bless.
PamT

7 comments:

Alina K. Field said...

Quick note for Pam--it's in the 90s this week where I live in SoCal. I SO want some autumn weather, lol!

Beverly, I also believe in positive thinking, though sometimes I have trouble practicing it. Best of luck with your books!

Patricia Kiyono said...

Nice to "meet" you, Beverly! I'm from Michigan, so we travel through the southern part of Ontario to visit relatives in New York. Murder, mystery, and romance are the perfect combination for a great read! May you continue to stay healthy and enjoy more of what life offers.

darkwriter said...

Thanks for having me on your blog, Pam. and thanks for that big SW LA welcome.
If you want to talk weather, in Alberta we're up to our third snowfall so far this year. Brrr.

Beverley

darkwriter said...

Nice to "meet" you, too, Patricia. Ontario is beautiful. I'm pretty much on the other side of the continent. Michigan is lovely. I've been through there once during June.

darkwriter said...

Hey, Alina,
We used to winter in San Diego. Loved it down there.
I don't always manage to think positively but I always try.
And when I'm thinking those negative thoughts I try to think
about how to change them to something a little more positive.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Oh NO! Can't handle the snow....I hear 'ya Alina!
Thank you ALL for stopping by!
Good luck and God's blessings
PamT

Diane Burton said...

I'm late to this party. lol Great post, Beverly. I, took, believe in the power of positive thinking. Congratulations on being a breast cancer survivor (like my 2 sisters). I was curious about Shiba Inu dog, so I had to look it up. What a gorgeous dog. Best wishes, Beverly. I hope you continue to stay healthy.