Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

#TuesdayTreasures with Gail Pallotta

Good Morning and Welcome!

Gail is not new to our blog, she shared the spotlight back in May so please welcome her back as she shares something she treasures with us......

I treasure many things, but I chose love. We hear and see so much about hate in the media. However, if I shut it off and open my eyes God’s love is all around me. I see it in smiles and acts of kindness. It fills the fellowship hall and sanctuary of my church. It’s preached in the sermons and shines in the members. It’s shared with family, friends and even strangers.

My family recently turned a stressful situation into a fun time. I chattered with my daughter, who visited from out of town, then glanced at my email. The final PDF copy of Hair Calamities and Hot Cash stared at me. My heart fell. How could I do the things I’d planned for her visit and proof the book? Finally, I mentioned the task, and my husband printed a copy. We divided up the pages of the book, each of us proofing a third as we sat around the kitchen table until the wee hours of the morning, laughing and sharing passages.

In addition to family, God’s given us the care and love of friends. Whether it’s getting together for fun or meeting in a time of crisis or frustration, friends make life better. Even some strangers have a way of showing love. I’ve noticed when I power walk at the mall, most folks smile, and many who are doing the same thing I am, wave and say, “Good morning,” “I like your shirt,” or offer some other greeting that seems to say, “We’re all in this together.”

A friend of mine stood in a fast-food restaurant one day waiting to order. An elderly couple in front of him counted their pennies, but didn’t have enough to buy two meals. They decided to split one, but my friend laid money on the counter and said, “Why don’t both of you get what you want.”

With so much love around me, I hope, like my friend, I’ll pass it on.

Award-winning author Gail Pallotta is a wife, mom, swimmer and bargain shopper who loves God, beach sunsets and getting together with friends and family. A former Grace Awards Finalist and a Reader’s Favorite 2017 Book Award winner, she’s published five books, poems, short stories and two-hundred articles. Some of her articles appear in anthologies while two are in museums. She loves to connect with readers. Sign up for her newsletter at https://www.gailpallotta.com/mainphp.html. Visit her website at https://www.gailpallotta.com; Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AuthorsandMore.

A comedic romp from small town to big city in search of missing money, hair catastrophes, and love. A truly fun read”—Cynthia Hickey, author of the Shady Acres Mystery series.


What happens when a New York stockbroker crashes his car into Eve Castleberry’s North Carolina beauty shop...on the same day the young widow’s defective hair products are causing wild hairdos? Soon Eve finds herself helping the handsome stranger hunt the thieves who stole his client’s cash...and hot on the trail of two of the F.B.I.’s most-wanted criminals! Romance blossoms amid danger, suspense and Eve’s hair-brained plan to get back the money.

Purchase Hair Calamities and Hot Cash at Amazon (Kindle) and B&N 

Wow Gail, what a sweet thing for your family to do! It's always wonderful when we get unexpected help. Thanks for sharing!

Hope you enjoyed the post friends and that you'll check back for more Tuesday Treasures, Thursday Thoughts and Saturday Spotlight!

Until next time....Good luck and God's blessings.
PamT

11 comments:

Gail Pallotta said...

Hi Pamela,

Thanks for having me!

Carlene said...

I just got my copy of "Hair Calamaties and Hot Cash" and am looking forward to reading it. I must say, I'm intrigued by two of Gail Pallotta's articles being in museums?? Are they written on papyrus?(Just kidding).

Diane Burton said...

Very inspiring anecdotes.

Jacqueline Seewald said...

I love your book title! Best wishes.

Gail Pallotta said...

Hi Carlene,

Not on papyrus! LOL! I wrote two articles about subjects that had been overlooked over the years. One was the Brookwood Train Station in Atlanta, Georgia. I poured through articles that mentioned the station as well as the history of the station being built. In it's day, some notable people came through the station. The original manuscript is in the Atlanta History Center. The other is about Catherine Widener, the woman behind carpet weave. During the depression she devised the weave for chenille fabric and later that same weave was used to produce carpet. Same thing, she was mentioned in newspaper articles, but no one had ever written about her. That article is in the Whitfield-Murray Historical Museum in Dalton, Georgia. Makes me feel old enough to use papyrus!


Gail Pallotta said...

Hi Diane,

Thank you for coming by. I'm glad you enjoyed the anecdotes.

Gail Pallotta said...

Hi Jacqueline,

Thanks for coming by. I revised the title several times before settling on Hair Calamities and Hot Cash, so it makes me smile that you like it!

Maris said...

Sounds like a fun read. Good luck.

Gail Pallotta said...

Hi Maris,

Thanks for coming by to read about Hair Calamities and Hot Cash and for the good wishes.

Kelly Goshorn said...

I really enjoyed your post, Gail, especially the part about your family helping you proof your book! Such love! Blessings,
Kelly

Gail Pallotta said...


Hi Kelly,

Thank you for coming by. I was relieved and excited to have the help when they pitched in.