Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Saturday, September 30, 2017

#SaturdaySpotlight Review of Miracles in Disguise

Good Morning!

Today's spotlight is a lot like the one I did last month by Samantha Fury... a little different but I think you'll enjoy it.

Miracles in Disguise, The Trampled Rose Series  By Michelle Lynn Brown
Narrated by Jessica Carter Buy Book Here


Sweet Story  
This story is about a woman trying to overcome her past. Christina had a rough life because of a stern father and abusive husband. Despite that, she had a passion to help others and be a good teacher. In the end, she was able to grow closer to God and find love again with someone who, not only, was worthy of her through God's eyes, but most importantly, truly loved God himself.





Sound Biblical message  
Even though Christina's ex husband misused and distorted God's word to manipulate her, she somehow, still trusted God and knew he would answer her and get her through. She even had some positive and supportive people , such as her new pastor's wife, to remind her of that when she really needed advise.




Parallels   
The author had many similarities to remind Christina of her past. The new love interest was a church leader, like her husband. His dog had her ex husband's name. Their was even poor Barbara, a teenager and Christina's student, who was harassed and attacked. All of these things were there to link Christina to memories of her negative experiences. I think there were a few too many parallels, but I understand why the author did it.


The Struggles Were Real  
Christina did have real fears that came from real situations. She dealt with them much  like most of us do. She questioned God and blamed him for some things. It is easy to do that when we do not understand what is going on and especially WHY some things happen.



Details  I am a person who likes a bit more description. Not a lot, just enough to get a picture in my head. I'm not sure what Christina or Nathan look like or any of the side characters. A defining detail to help remember them would be nice. I even like a few words about where she lives. Is it brick house? Are there fragrant flowers that line the walkway? Again, not pages and pages of description, just enough to get a picture in my head.



Anti-climactic
There were some parts of the story that I would've loved to have seen developed further. I've discussed them with the author privately because I didn't want to divulge any spoilers for the readers. Another point I will speak about is Barbara who was attacked by her classmate. I would've been interested in Barbara's point of view. Maybe even some of the trial. There were some hints of a rich family and there being some ups and downs that could've hurt her case, but nothing more. I was relieved that she won her case, but it would've been nice to have some indications of how that came to be. 


Smooth Talker
The narrator was Jessica Carter. She did a great job. Her voice is easy to listen to and she does a great job making the characters come to life. I would definitely listen to other books narrated by her.



Overall
I think Michelle Lynn Brown is a good writer. I liked her story line and how sound the biblical message was. I got interested enough to want to know more about these people and their lives. My advise to her would be 'tell me more'. I would give this book three stars out of five, because I wanted more information. But, a five out of five for the positive message and biblical beliefs. I may listen to more of her books in the future.  Learn more about Michelle and her books here






Michelle Lynn Brown is the author of the best-selling Trampled Rose and Reconciled and Redeemed Series. She fell in love with the written word as a teenager, and as a writer, she uses this passion to share with others the joy of having a personal and intimate relationship with Christ."
Website 
Facebook
Twitter 
Website


Appreciation
Thank you for your time and interest in this book and my review. I have loved books my whole life and look forward to more opportunities in the future to show my enthusiasm for the written word, especially when it includes God's word.


- Victoria Skyes

 I love a good story. I have been reading and writing pretty much from when I could pick up a pencil. Even when I wasn't writing, I was dreaming up stories 
in my head. I have always loved fiction. I could be anyone or do anything just from opening the pages of a good book. From a young age I knew I wanted to be involved in that world. The one that can help someone's imagination take them someplace new and exciting. 

Now, I'm all grown up with amazing three daughters. I've done some traveling, been married and divorced. I've had both miner and major surgeries.The major surgery has altered my life forever. I've learned the hard way that life is not easy. I let life take over and almost forgot the excitement and fun stories can bring to ones life. 

Because of my faith in Christ and the support of my family and friends, I have the courage to start an adventure of my own. I invite you to join me by listening or reading the clean, uplifting and spiritual stories available to us today. ( I'm hoping to share a story or two of my own, someday soon.) Thank you for your time and hope you can be inspired too.

THANKS Victoria!

Hope you enjoyed today's post friends and that you'll join me each week for Tuesday Treasures, Thursday Thoughts and Saturday Spotlight.

Until next time, take care and God Bless
PamT

2 comments:

Alina K. Field said...

Very thorough and thoughtful review, and kind. We authors like kindness! Sounds like a great story.

Samantha Fury said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Victoria hopes to review more audio books for us in the
future.