Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

#TuesdayTreasure: Guest Post by Patricia Preston

Good Morning Friends,

It is once again my pleasure to introduce you to another new author friend, Patricia Preston....


When I decided to write this post about something I treasured, I thought of different things. Material things. Then I thought of looking beyond stuff I had to something else.  
I think one thing I really treasure, at this point, is the ability to get my stories out to readers via e-books and writing full-time.    

To me, that is a huge treasure for me from an artistic standpoint. I had to sacrifice a lot to have the privilege of writing full-time and I still have a lot of other responsibilities that take up my time, but I have to say I have treasured the past year so much.  

I equally treasure all the new opportunities for writers now. There were short stories I wanted to write, but there was no print market for them. That was also true for a series of historical romances set in New Orleans that I wanted to write. Being able to sit down and write these stories and knowing that I would have the opportunity to reach readers has been so exciting. Not so much from a financial standpoint, but from the standpoint of a born storyteller. I’ve been writing stories since I was a child.  

I only wish this opportunity could have come along years ago, but it is here now and I just published another one of my quirky Southern short stories, “Decoration Day.” It’s a humorous and poignant story about Decoration Day at Cypress Creek Church cemetery where a feud erupts over a gardenia wreath and a statue of Jesus. And Melanie Sue Haddock learns that being a heathen and a true friend is better than being flawless. Note: This story does have a little bit of an inspirational tone that came natural to the storyline, but I’m not an inspirational writer.   

I have a couple of other short stories in the works, but now I have more to write than I have time to get written! And I do treasure that!  

Patricia Preston is a Southern author who writes historical and contemporary romance as well as humorous Southern fiction. Her publishers include New Love Stories, True Romance, Affaire de Coeur, Cloverdale Press, The Blue and Gray Magazine, Sea Oats Review, and Carina Press. She won William Faulkner Award for Short Fiction, the Lone Star Writing Competition for Historical Romance, and Harlequin’s World’s Best Romances Short Story Competition.


Her current titles include two historical romances: To Save a Lady. Almost an Outlaw.
Contemporary Romance Short Story: “Delivering Love Today.”


Under the name, Patricia Ann Preston, she writes humorous Southern stories with happy endings. “Decoration Day” “The Yard Sale” “Laid to Rest”


For info on new releases and contests, sign up for her newsletter
Visit her Webpage
Follow her Twitter
Like her page Facebook

To Save a Lady can be purchased at Amazon!




1 comment:

Patricia Preston said...

Thanks for having me, Pam!