Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, September 4, 2014

#ThursdayThoughts: R-e-s-p-e-c-t!

Good Morning Friends and Welcome! to the first Thursday Thoughts of September!

Wow...can anyone tell me where this year has gone? I mean, seriously? September already?!

I hope you've all had a Blessed & Happy Summer and wish you an even more exciting Fall.

This morning I want to share a few thoughts with you on respect.



Yeah I know, most of us hear the word and feel as though there's not much of that in the world today and, in a lot of instances we're right. But what if.....

What if the respect you receive is directly related to the respect you show?
What if the respect you show/receive is directly related to your SELF-Respect?

Hhmmmmm.....

If you've followed me for long you know I'm always up for encouraging and challenging you (and myself) to think outside the box when it comes to matters of the heart and spirit.

Today is no different!

Think about the relationships in your life....from work to casual acquaintances to the most intimate....Do you receive the respect you deserve?

Better yet....Do you EXPECT to?

Here's the rub, if you don't love, value and Respect yourself, you really can't expect others to love, value and respect you!

Remember what the Law of Attraction states: What you focus on you receive.
The Law of Karma: What you give out, you get back.
The Law of God: What you sow, you shall reap.

On an energetic level, if your vibration is low or no self respect and self esteem, you're going to attract into your life situations and people that continue to promote low/no of those self-same qualities!

So how do you change that?

Start with your SELF!

Take time every day to treat yourself with love and care.
Meditate on GOOD things...as the Bible says... "things that are lovely and pure and of good report."
Do Mirror Work: look yourself in the eyes and say good things to and about yourself!
Write Affirmations affirming your self worth (focusing on the positive qualities you have or want to have).

Treat yourself and others with respect and expect (in a loving, positive way) respect in return.

If you've lived a life of the opposite of what we're talking about, be Patient and give these new expectations time to manifest into your current reality and watch miracles happen!

Something to think about!
"Inspirational with an Edge! 





1 comment:

Joan Barbara Simon Author said...

Hi Pam,
I've grown to love and look forward to your thoughts. Even though they frequently map onto mine, they often catch me at a moment when I risk losing sight of them, so wrapped up am I in other things supposedly more important.
Keep it up, for all of us!

Best,

Joan