Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Saturday Spotlight - Bess McBride!

Hello Friends,

Today I'd like to welcome back sweet lady and talented author, Bess McBride......

“Thanks, Pam, for spotlighting me today. I’m happy to be here. I’m Bess McBride, and I write romances in several different genres...contemporary, light paranormal/fantasy (lovelorn ghosty stuff a la Ghost and Mrs. Muir), time travel and romantic suspense. I have five books in print with The Wild Rose Press, and two more on the way. You can contact me through my web site at www.bessmcbride.com. My tag line is “Romances for the Shy Girl in All of Us,” and I tend to write romances where the love scenes are fade to black, if not sweet. That’s what I like to read, and that’s what I like to write! J I hope you enjoy the blurbs.”

A Train Through Time, time travel, sweet

Blurb: College teacher Ellie Standish thinks she’s on a sleek modern train heading to a conference on women’s studies in Seattle, but she awakens from a night’s doze to find herself on a bizarre historical train full of late Victorian era reenactors who refuse to come out of character. When the leader of the group—one handsome, green-eyed Robert Chamberlain—finally convinces her the date is indeed 1901, a skeptical Ellie decries any eccentric theories of time travel and presumes she is smack dab in the middle of a very interesting historical dream. She turns the directorial reins of her dream over to one smitten and willing Robert, only to realize that dreams cannot last forever. Someday, she must wake up to reality, though Ellie no longer has any idea what reality is. She only knows that Robert must play an important part in her future. But how can he...if he’s only a figment of her imagination or worse yet...a man who belongs to an era long past?

Caribbean Dreams of Love, light paranormal/fantasy, sensual (no explicit love scenes/fade to black)

Blurb: Daisy and her sixteen-year-old daughter, Lily, are embarking on a Caribbean cruise. She isn't looking for anything special on the cruise other than a pleasant break from her humdrum existence as long-time divorced single mother to a busy teenage girl. She certainly isn't prepared for an enigmatic man named Peter whose idiosyncrasies in dress and speech mark him as an eccentric person to avoid. But Daisy can't avoid him. In fact, she begins to obsess about him from the first moment she catches him staring at her in the cruise ship terminal. Peter remains elusive and mysterious throughout the cruise. She catches sight of him occasionally, never often enough to please her, and they connect one wonderful night as he sweeps her into his arms for a waltz. A waltz? On a Caribbean cruise ship? While Daisy's dinner companions share nightly tales of the legends of cursed pirates, Daisy dreams of the mysterious man who has captured her heart.
Hope you've enjoyed today's spotlight!
Until later....Be BLESSED!
PamT

No comments: