Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, September 25, 2014

#ThursdayThoughts: Moving Through Grief

Good Morning Friends,

You know I try to use this feature to encourage and uplift and today is no different despite the title of this post.

If you've followed me long, you'll know that my husband, my heart, my soul mate passed away in 2009 and that I've found myself in this jungle called single-hood. From the time I could articulate, my dream was to be married and have babies so I've never been comfortable being single.

"They" (whoever the hell 'they' are) say one of the signs of moving on is when you can look back without as much pain.

I can attest to that.

In the last five years I've done everything in my power to get through this valley of death. I've prayed, cried, loved and yet, there's still a place in my heart that literally aches and I'm not sure that will ever totally cease.

But at least I can say I'm don't feel as though I'm crawling through quicksand anymore.

Anyway, yesterday I saw this on Face Book and well.. it pretty much explains how I feel.....



 I believe this is true no matter who you are grieving.

A friend who recently lost a spouse said, "trying to figure out who I am now is the crazy part."

That too, is true.

No matter the fact you maintain your separate identities throughout the relationship, you still feel as though you're only half a person and that you have no idea who you are anymore.

But God does and He knows the great things in store for you!

So let me encourage you today.... If you find yourself in the pit of despair because God has called your loved one home, hang in there and when you begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel and realize it is not a freight train, ask Him to show you a new vision for your life.

Something to think about!
"Inspirational with an Edge! 

No comments: