Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

#WednesdayWordswithFriends with Jodie Wolfe!

Good Morning Friends!

It's Holy Week around the world and as we venture into Easter weekend, many are saddened by the stay home orders we're under to reduce the spread of Covid-19. If I can encourage you in one way I pray this is it: Remember it's all in your head.... Yes, that's right. We can embrace the truth, love and power of Easter through out heart and mind OR we can resent the current times - that is OUR decision and it begins in our thoughts. This is the power God gave us when He gave us free will...the power to choose how we think, what we believe and how we live. Therefore, as He instructed us in Deuteronomy.... Choose life.... Choose life in your thoughts, in your words and in your actions. Worship is more than attending Church daily, weekly or even occasionally - worship is a frame of mind and a condition of heart.

Something to think about!

Now, on to our guest. 

Last month I introduced you to Jodie Wolfe when she gave us a sneak peek into her novel, Taming Julia. Today Jodi returns to share some Q&A about her writing..... Take it away, Jodie!


Q: What motivated you to write Taming Julia?
I've always been a fan of mail-order bride stories. I wondered what would happen if a man desired a genteel woman and who showed up is completely opposite of that. How would he handle it, especially if they were married by proxy before she arrived?

Q: Do you have a certain time period that you enjoy?
My all-time favorite is the 19th Century, partly because things were simpler then, but there also were a lot new things, inventions, etc. coming out too.

Q: How did you develop this interest in the 19th Century?
It started when I was a young girl, watching and reading Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I didn't like history at the time. That developed much later.

Q: You write historical romance, but you didn't like history?
When I was in school, history was all about memorizing facts and dates for the test. This was never an area I excelled in. It wasn't until I started researching the time period, and read some of the stories, journals, etc. that I fell in love with history.

Q: Do you use real settings when you write?
Sometimes. If I do use a real setting, I try to meticulously research so I can accurately portray the area. There is a short scene in Taming Julia that takes place at a real place in Texas. I traveled there, so hopefully I did it justice when I wrote about it. Most times my made up towns are based on a real town. Sometimes I change the name, so it fits the time I need.

Q: Will there be more books in the series?
That's the plan. I'm working on finalizing the second book, Wooing Annie. My heroine from Taming Julia decides to return the favor and send for a mail-order bride for her brother, Joshua Walker.

Q: Are any other books in the works?
I'm also working on a book that's set in the town where I went to college. It deals with the topic of belonging. That one's entitled Hannah's Quest.

Thank you so much for inviting me back today!

Thank YOU, Jodie for sharing your life and writing with us!

Jodie Wolfe creates novels where hope and quirky meet. She is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW), Romance Writers of America (RWA), and COMPEL Training. She's been a semi-finalist and finalist in various writing contests. A former columnist for Home School Enrichment magazine, her articles can be found online at: Crosswalk, Christian Devotions, and Heirloom Audio. She's a contributor and co-founder of Stitches Thru Time blog. When not writing she enjoys spending time with her husband in Pennsylvania, reading, walking, and being a Grammie. Learn more at www.jodiewolfe.com.

Taming Julia can be found at AmazonB&NPelican Book Group & Google Play.

Hope you enjoyed today's post and that you'll check back weekly for Wednesday Words with Friends and Saturday Spotlight!

Until next time, take care, God bless and be safe!
PamT

9 comments:

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Pam and Jodie,

Excellent interview! Best wishes.

Jodie Wolfe said...

Thanks for stopping by, Jacqueline. Praying you have a blessed Easter.

Kara O'Neal said...

Thank you for the reminders. And very nice interview. May you have a blessed Easter!

Anna Taylor Sweringen said...

I love mail order bride stories too, so thanks for another to add to my TBR pile. : ) Wishing you a safe Easter.

Jodie Wolfe said...

Praying you have a blessed Easter, Kara. Thanks for stopping by.

Jodie Wolfe said...

Hi Anna! So glad you stopped by. I hope you'll enjoy Taming Julia. Praying you have a wonderful Easter.

Alina K. Field said...

I think reading fiction is one of the more fun ways to learn about history! Great interview!

Jodie Wolfe said...

I agree, Alina. :) So glad you stopped by.

Alicia Dean said...

I enjoyed the interview, and the book sounds fabulous. Great cover! Best wishes!