Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, December 13, 2018

#ThursdayThougts with Stacey Weeks!

Good Morning and Welcome!

I hope you're in the Christmas spirit because today's guest has a brand new Christmas romance book out! Stacey has shared treasures with us and been in our spotlight twice but please welcome her back as she shares some thoughts with us.

My White Christmas

The closer we get to Christmas the louder it gets. I can almost hear Bing Crosby. His deep timber rouses images of glistening snow, jingling sleigh bells, and rosy-cheeked children.

And I love it.

But my dreams are more complicated than pretty ideas of snow and sleigh bells. They don’t revolve around Santa slipping down the chimney or leaving out cookies and milk.

They are more than dreams. They are prayers.

I’m praying for a white Christmas.

I’m praying for a Christmas where my loved ones and yours might wake to discover a covering of white sent to erase a lifetime of stain. I’m praying for a Christmas when the silent night was broken by a baby’s cry. When a teen-age mother wondered at the God-child she held in her arms. When this truth is embraced by all who hear it proclaimed.

I praying for a Christmas when I truly appreciate how one holy night fulfilled ancient prophecy that led to a cross. How that innocent baby grew up and died, making it possible for me to be declared white as snow.

My white Christmas.

Don’t misunderstand. I love the way Crosby’s song warms my heart like an afghan on a warm winter night. I love the emotional swell in my chest when the cast swings open the stage doors to reveal the delicate white flakes drifting to the ground. I watch the holiday classic every single year.

But really, deep down, I want more than that. I want more than a cup of warm cocoa in front of a blazing fire.

I want a white Christmas that means something. I want a Christmas that turns my eyes from the what to the who, from what is under the tree, to who died on the tree. To the One whose gift makes my Christmas white. And I bet, deep down, so do you.

If you are looking for meaningful Christmas read that is fun but real, light yet deep, and points you in the direction of Christ, check out Stacey’s new release, Mistletoe Melody.

A former musician, Melody Staff, spends Christmas at a bed and breakfast in the village of Mistletoe Meadows. While everyone sings familiar carols of Christ drawing near, Melody stumbles over misplaced notes. Her recent diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis has scared off her fiancĂ© and thrust her life into a grand pause. Will her heart ever sing again? Quentin Oxford has endured a devastating year. His preteen daughter suffered a stroke, and they’ve grieved his wife’s sudden death, but the Lord coaxes a surprising refrain from Quentin’s heart as God rewrites his and Melody’s score into a love song.

Stacey Weeks is the multi-award-winning author of Glorious Surrender (2016), inspirational romances The Builder’s Reluctant Bride (2016), Mistletoe Melody (2018), and inspirational romantic suspense novels In Too Deep (2017), and Fatal Homecoming (2019). Stacey lives in Ontario where she speaks at women’s conferences, teaches writing and bible study workshops, and writes about the things of the Lord. www.staceyweeks.com

Mistletoe Melody is part of Pelican Book Group's Christmas Extravaganza and can be purchased at Amazon!


Hope you enjoyed these lovely thoughts from Stacey and that you'll check back regularly for Tuesday Treasures, Thursday Thoughts and Saturday Spotlight.

Until next time take care and God Bless.
PamT

12 comments:

Diane Burton said...

Thanks for the heartfelt post. I love fresh snow because it covers the ugly brown grass and the dirt, etc. Figuratively, a white Christmas means (to me) a new beginning, a fresh look at the world.

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Stacey,

Your cozy Christmas romance sounds like a great read! Best wishes.

Carol James said...

Such a moving post, Stacey. Thanks for sharing.

Kara O'Neal said...

Such a wonderful and beautiful post. I am so looking forward to reading this.

Gail Pallotta said...

A beautiful post and reminder of the reason we celebrate Christmas!

Stacey Weeks said...

I also love how snow covers the yuck. Such a great picture of the purity of Christ covering us. Thanks for commenting, Diane.

Stacey Weeks said...

Thanks, Jacqueline. If you read it, I hope you love it!

Stacey Weeks said...

Thank you, Carol. Merry Christmas to you!

Stacey Weeks said...

I hope you love it, Kara. If you do, pls consider leaving a review online ❤️

Stacey Weeks said...

Thank you, Gail. Merry Christmas!

Alicia Dean said...

What a beautiful sentiment. Yes, that kind of Christmas would be wonderful. Well said. And, your story sounds fantastic. Congrats and best wishes!

Carole Price said...

A heart warming post, Stacey. Thanks for sharing.
Best wishes and Merry Christmas.