Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thursday Thoughts: The Power of Love

A couple of recent incidents have challenged my faith and the way I look at life.

In last week’s post, I told you about “Hunter’s Weekend” in Bandera. Although I DO enjoy dancing the night (or day) away, I’m not what I’d consider a party animal. However, on this particular weekend, too much excitement, too much activity and too little sleep left me vulnerable to attack from the lower energies of human consciousness.

Now you’re wondering where that comes from LOL!

Let me explain….

On two separate occasions women got in my face with sarcasm and accusations. Pretty tough to take for someone who tries to walk in love in every situation.

Though tempted, I refused to bow down and retaliate in kind. Instead I walked away and sent them thoughts of peace and blessing. After all, didn’t Jesus teach us to Pray for your enemies and bless those who curse (or persecute) you.



Did doing this make me immune from the pain of attack?

Of course not, but it did allow me to let go of that pain and not dwell on the why or wherefore these complete strangers felt the need to do what they did.

One thing I’ve come to learn is that we can’t control people but we CAN control our response to their behavior.

We don’t have to give in to feelings of anger, bitterness, defensiveness or any of the lower emotions of our flesh. We don’t have to give our power of love over to people or circumstances.

It is our choice to offer peace, blessings and forgiveness instead.

Does this guarantee I’ll never go through a similar situation?

I doubt it. The devil is always trying to undermine the power of love in our lives. But I do believe as we continue to walk in love we will continue to grow in grace and power or strength in the Holy Spirit to become more like Jesus.

Isn’t that what we’re called to do?

Something to think about…..


“Inspirational with an Edge!”

No comments: