Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thursday Thoughts ~ The Value of Friends

Morning Friends!

Like "Love" some folks use the word "friends" lightly. They love lightly and approach every relationship in their life with a "Laissez faire attitude of "Laissez les bon temps roulez."  

It's all about the fun and what's in it for them and when the going gets tough or tension arises in the relationship (as it usually will), they just walk away and find a new friend or love.

This is not how it should be!

God told us that a "true" friend sticks closer to us than a brother and that true love is when someone lays down his life for his friend(s).

If you read my Tuesday Treasure post, you'll see that I have been spending a few days with my friend Jillian Lambert at her "Real Life Wellness Ranch" which she created on her five acre property in Leander, TX (just outside of Austin). 

Jillian and I met a few years ago and we felt a connection from the beginning. I helped edit her book and over time, helped her with her website and other things. As it usually does, life threw us a curve ball during the time we've been acquainted but, understanding the spiritual connection of people in general and friendships, we overcame the hurdle and are closer than ever.

I've had other "friends" with whom our relationship did not weather the storm that arose. We may not hate each other, but neither are we close.

Now I understand that some folks are in your life for a reason and a season, but thinking back on these things, I can't help but Thank God for the value of TRUE friends in my life....Speaking of which, Thank YOU for your continued love, support and friendship!

So take a moment today and express gratitude to the friends you have and to God for sending them.

Something to think about.....

"Inspirational with an Edge!" (TM)

No comments: