Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

#TuesdayTreasure: Food, Fun, and Friends!

Good Morning and Welcome to the first Tuesday Treasure of December 2015!

Yeah...I can't believe it's December already either. Guess the old saying "time flies when you're having fun" applies ... at least to today's post.

Instead of fighting crowds and getting trampled looking for the 'perfect' gift on Black Friday, my dear friend Jerrie Abshire and I went to Natchitoches, LA otherwise known as "the city of lights" which was made even more famous by the film, Steel Magnolias.

Neither of us had ever been so we made a whole day of it and had a wonderful time! We ate portabella mushroom fries at Maglieaux's Restaurant...yeah if you like fried mushrooms, you'll love these!


What was really wonderful was running into another high school friend we knew! That's Jerrie on the right and Cheryl in the middle.



After lunch, we drove along the Cane River Heritage Trail and, although we did not actually "tour" the plantation homes along the trail, we did drive or walk through where we could. We also visited a couple of historic cemeteries and viewed all of the buildings where Steel Magnolias was filmed. We even saw the stars' stars engraved in the sidewalk around one of the filming sites. 

I'm not a very good photographer, so I missed out on getting pictures of a lot of these sites, however I did get a few...

 

Here is a huge Christmas tree on the river that reminded me of the one I saw in New York last year and a Nativity display along the river  (best I could do from a moving car LOL)




We drove through that evening to see all the lights set up along the river and streets which were packed with cars and pedestrians. Parking was atrocious so we didn't get any photos but believe me it was beautiful!

Suffice it to say another trip to Natchitoches is in my future and Jerrie and I plan to take many more trips like these whenever the opportunity arises. But these memories are some I'll treasure forever.

Hope you enjoyed today's treasure!

Until next time...take care and God Bless.
PamT

5 comments:

Susan Coryell said...

Living in the South, I find so many Christmas decorations starting the day after Thanksgiving. Homes, businesses, street lights, churches--all decked out. It's the prettiest time of year here.

Diane Garner said...

Must add Natchitoches, LA and portabella mushroom fries to my bucket list. Thanks for sharing.

marilyn leach said...

Pam, thanks for sharing your "stay-cation" with us. I felt like I was in the backseat taking in the beauty of it all. I love day trips with friends, especially at the holidays. They're true treasures. Cheers, Marilyn

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

So true, Susan! So many start decorating for Christmas right before/after Thanksgiving. Although I find this to be beautiful, sometimes I think it's too early. Alas, the Holiday Season kicks off early...sigh...

You won't regret adding those to your bucket list, Diane! Let me know if you head this way and I'll try to meet up with you.

Certainly was a lovely day Marilyn, so glad you enjoyed the post.

Thanks for stopping by ladies!

Alicia Dean said...

Oh my gosh, sounds like an amazing trip! And, I love fried mushrooms. Those look delish!! :) Very cool that you ran into an old friend. What a coincidence. Thanks for sharing!