Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thursday Thoughts: Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well it's finally here, the one day we set aside to say Thank You each year. Although I appreciate the holiday, I believe gratitude is or should be a way of life. Every day and in every situation, we can find something to be grateful for.

Illness wrack your body? Thank God for what doesn't hurt or which organs and systems work with 100% efficiency the way He created them to function.

Loneliness pervade your life? Thank God for the material substances you have.

Grief overwhelm? Thank Him for the family and friends still alive and thank Him for the time you shared with that/those loved one(s).

Have more month than money? Thank Him for what you DO have, after all, some folks have less than you.

There's an old saying that whenever you complain about something you lack, look around and you'll find someone who is less fortunate.

No matter where life has brought you thus far, take a moment to reflect on all you have to be thankful for and vow to make the changes in your heart and mind, thoughts and words, so that every day is Thanksgiving Day! 

Now here's a little poem I wrote several years ago that I'd like to share with you again.....

A day set aside for grateful hearts
To express gratitude to God for gifts He imparts.

Since His mercies are new every morning, Dear
Shouldn’t we Thank Him each day of the year?

When you gather with family and those you love
Please remember to give Thanks and Praise to God above.

Oh give thanks unto the Lord for He is good, His mercy endures forever! (1 Chron. 16:34)



And since tomorrow (11/29) is my beloved's birthday, I'd like to share with you a poem I gave him for Christmas back in 2006... 

I searched the town over, both near and far
To find a card to express how special you are.

No words touched my heart
or tickled my ear
Nothing could explain
how much I hold you dear.

Not a phrase or verse, no prose or art
Can articulate the deepest sentiments of my heart.

You’ve supported my efforts
until all my dreams came true
Even still, there are no words
that voice how much I love you.

So I offer you these simple words straight from my heart,
Not much I know, but hopefully a start.

You hold a place in my heart
that none can surpass
And my love for you will forever last.

Please accept this as it’s meant with love and good cheer
And know your love blesses me each day of the year!

Merry Christmas , My Love!
                          Your Love

  
Happy Birthday Terry.... RIP



Don't forget the "Holly Jolly Blog Hop" where you can visit authors all over the web who are spreading the Holiday cheer!

<!-- end LinkyTools script –>
















2 comments:

Karla Akins said...

Lovely poem, Pam! Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to you!

anne said...

Thanks for the perspective on giving thanks to God. Reminds me of 2 Cor 4:17.