Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Monday, May 30, 2011

In Memory of Jesus - Reposted by request & with permission

“For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.  After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.”
1 Corinthians 11:23-25
King James Version 

Memorial Day is a day in which we remember and honor those brave men and women who gave their lives for our nation.  However, there is someone else we also need to remember and honor on this day and His name is Jesus.  He didn’t die for just our nation; He died for every person in the world.

Not only should we remember and honor Jesus on Memorial Day, we should also remember and honor Him every day of our life for the sacrifice that He made for you and for me.  He died for our sins on a cross of horror and suffered excruciating pain for us.

No one has ever been abused, ridiculed, rejected, criticized, cursed and treated as badly as Jesus was treated.  Yet, in spite of all the horrible things He endured for us, He still loves us.  What kind of love is this that comes from the heart of Jesus?  It is a tender compassionate and giving love beyond compare.

The next time we start feeling sorry for ourselves, and this includes me, because we have been criticized, rejected and ridiculed, we need to remember all that Jesus suffered for us and just as He loves those who hurt Him, we should also love those who hurt us.

Joanne Lowe
May 30, 2011
joannelowe8@cox.net
www.joanne-ourprecioussaviour.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Donna B said...

Wonderful sentiment. If only we could love as He does. Funny, all day long I've been humming the song "I Want to Be More Like Jesus"...someday...