Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Saturday Spotlight - JoAnn Carter

Good Morning Friends!

Well it's March - wonder if that means Spring is just around the corner? I sure hope so cause I am SO T-I-R-E-D of the cold and rain!

Of course, Spring usually brings it's own share of rain to our area - uuuggghhh! I hope we can skip right through that and bring on the sunshine and heat of Summer.

I know, probably be complaining then that it's TOO hot LOL!

Today's guest is fellow White Rose author JoAnn Carter with her book, Smuggler of the Heart
JoAnn Carter lives in Vermont with her wonderful husband of 17 years, four children and Ginger, the best dog in the world. She enjoys being with her family & friends, writing, reading, and cooking. In the past JoAnn has worked as a Licensed Practical Nurse, and as a substitute teacher. This year however, she is at home, to home school one of her children.

JoAnn is available for speaking engagements to book clubs, reader groups, library groups, women's ministry events, school events and church retreats. To contact her, please write jo.glenncarter@yahoo.com


Disheartened and tired, Samantha Warren returns to Vermont during the winter break. Her passion for history rekindles after finding an old smuggler’s chest hidden in her grandparents' attic. Will she be able to return to New Jersey without her heart being smuggled like the chest once was? Or is it already too late?

Excerpt: © 2009 by JoAnn Carter


“Follow me.” Tim laid out a blanket, sat down, and patted the place beside him. Samantha joined him. The lights from the sleigh cast a dim, romantic shadow over their blanket. “I have something for you.” Tim unzipped his backpack and low and behold, there was the chest.

“What…what are you doing with that?”

“Your grandmother gave it to me.”

“Do you…do you know the story?”

His eyes sparkled. “I do. I couldn’t let you go again without you realizing what you mean to me.” Tim held it out to her. “Here, open it.”

It couldn’t be a ring. We hardly know each other anymore. He’s going to be a youth pastor now, and yet it feels as if we never were apart.

She inched the chest up; half hoping it was a ring and half not. Inside a letter rested upon a pile of silk cloth.

Tim smiled. “Disappointed?”

“What is it?”

“Just something for you to take back to New Jersey.”

It was as if the clock struck midnight and her carriage was now a pumpkin. The reality of life reared its ugly head. Yes, back to New Jersey.

Buy Smuggler of the Heart Here!

Well folks, that wraps up the first Saturday Spotlight for March 2010. Stay tuned next week for another author and book.

Don't Forget! Wednesday (March 10th) I'll be hosting PPS's first Virtual Book Blast with Deborah McCarragher and her book, Mission Possible, Spiritual Covering. I hope you'll join us for this exciting event. Be sure and join our Face Book Group, Good Reads Group and Yahoo Loop so that you can chat with the author and be eligible to win prizes!

Hope to see you all there.

Until later....take care and Be Blessed!
PamT

4 comments:

Wendy Davy said...

JoAnn, your story sounds great. I love the cover too!

Wow, homeschooling? You are brave! I hope it's going well...

Wendy
www.wendydavy.com

Debra St. John said...

Oh Pamela, I am with you on the waiting for spring plan. I can't wait for the snow to be gone around here.

JoAnn, your story sounds very romantic.

Mary Ricksen said...

Your story is right up my alley. I am from Vermont too! Where in Vermont are you from? I patterned my book on Lake Champlain. What a beautiful place. Just too long a winter and expensive to live. Darn.

JoAnn said...

First of all, thanks Pamela for the oppertunity to be here!

Thanks for the sweet comments, everybody! Smugglers Notch, where this story is set, is about 45 minutes away from where we live. (Outside of Burlington.) Where do you live Mary?