Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Saturday, July 23, 2022

#SaturdaySpotlight is on Robin W Pearson & Walking in Tall Weeds!

Good Morning!

I'm off to Eunice, LA today for LSU-E's first annual Cajun Prairie Authors Expo a FREE event for readers/authors in SW LA area, so I'm not going to take up too much of your time on myself. I'm just going to let our brand-new-to-me-our-blog author, Robin W Pearson tell us about her latest book, Walking in Tall Weeds from Tyndale House. Take it away, Robin....

From award-winning author Robin W. Pearson comes a new Southern family drama about one family who discovers their history is only skin-deep and that God’s love is the only family tie that binds.

Paulette and Fred Baldwin find themselves wading through a new season of life in Hickory Grove, North Carolina. Their only son, McKinley, now works hundreds of miles away, and the distance between the husband and wife feels even farther. When their son returns home, his visit dredges up even more conflict between Fred and Paulette.

McKinley makes it no secret that he doesn’t intend to follow in his father’s footsteps at George & Company Fine Furnishings or otherwise. Fred can’t quite bring himself to accept all his son’s choices, yet Paulette is determined McKinley will want for nothing, least of all a mother’s love and attention—which her own skin color cost her as a child. But all her striving leaves Fred on the outside looking in.

Paulette suspects McKinley and Fred are hiding something that could change the whole family. Soon, she’s facing a whirlwind she never saw coming, and the three of them must dig deep to confront the truth. Maybe then they’ll discover that their history is only skin-deep while their faith can take them right to the heart of things.

Excerpt: “I can see your mind churning like the wings on that hummingbird over there.” Fred inched back his wide white cuff to reveal his watch. The sun glinted off its crystal face. “But whatever thought you just picked up, set it down again and let it rest. We have a long drive ahead of us. You can elucidate your honey dos on the way.” He hooked an index finger under the strap of her green crocheted satchel and let the bag swing gently to and fro. “That’s all I was coming to do: collect my worker bee and get a move on.”

“Just layin’ out my steps, not makin’ work for you. I thought I’d plan some talkin’ points with McKinley so I don’t forget what I want to say.” She stuffed the notes into a leather book that still had a price tag on its cover. Then she lifted the bag from his finger and stowed everything inside.

Fred shook his head. “I wouldn’t resurrect your daddy’s list making, Etta.”

“You don’t have to worry about that. I’m only followin’ what he said, not what he did. These are more like . . . ideas. Reminders. You know you and I don’t have the best track record for stayin’ out the weeds, Fred.”

There was no give in the lists of dos and don’ts Harold Burdell had raised his daughter by, just take. Her daddy’s timekeeping didn’t set riverbanks that kept Paulette’s life from overflowing with too much; his planning erected stultifying, narrow walls. There was always a right thing to do, which meant there was a wrong, too. Paulette had never been able to see the maybes or what-ifs that life offered every now and again because her daddy and his infernal lists blocked her view. Considering life’s possibilities hadn’t done him much good, and he’d tried to keep his only child from coming to the same tragic end.

Hence, her sticky notes and her new journal . . . and Fred. This was the closest she’d ever come to planning ahead. She’d do what was within her power not to mess up this time with her son.

*****

Sounds like an amazing story, Robin, now please tell us a little more about yourself....

Basically, I am Jesus centered, family focused. My Lord and Savior is why I “live and move and have [my] being.” (Acts 17:28) I know He has an eye and a purpose in each leaf that drifts to the ground, in every tear that courses my cheek, in all the twists and turns of our whirlwind adventure through life. And we have raised and taught our family based on His trusted Word.

Though we’ve lived up and down the East Coast, Hubby and I sprouted from Southern soil and will always be rooted in North Carolina. The South flavors our faith, our family, and my fiction—not to mention my food. Find out more by visiting my Website and connecting with me on FaceBook and Instagram.

Wonderful! Where can we get a copy of Walking in Tall Weeds?

Directly through Tyndale House, Amazon, ChristianBook(dot)com and wherever Christian fiction can be found.

Thank You, SO MUCH for visiting with us today, Robin. We certainly wish you the best of luck and God's blessings with your new release.

Until next week for Wednesday Words with Friends, take care and God Bless Y'ALL!

PamT

6 comments:

Carol James said...

Thanks for sharing. sounds like a wonderful read.

Kara O'Neal said...

Sounds like a beautiful story. I enjoyed the excerpt very much.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Carol! I believe you’d love this story.

Robin W. Pearson said...

Thank you so much. Readers can relate to what the characters are going through.

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Robin,

This looks like an excellent read! Congrats and best wishes.

Robin W. Pearson said...

Many thanks, Jacqueline! I put my heart into writing it.