Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

#WednesdayWordswithFriends welcomes LoRee Peery @LoreePeery with her Christmas book!

Good Morning!

Boy it's been cold and dreary these last several days here in SW Louisiana. Definitely Winter weather UGH. I am not fond of cold, wet, dreary at all but as the Bible says there is a season for every purpose under heaven so we must learn to, if not enjoy, appreciate every season.

Today's guest is not new to us. LoRee Peery has been a pretty regular guest for years so please welcome her back with her latest Christmas book, A Cup of Christmas Kindness.....

A Cup of Christmas Kindness…

We’ve heard it for months, what a year 2020 has been. I’m no exception in feeling that way, but rather than looking down on the past months, I count them as blessings. There is always good in the bad. I love the song “Turn Your eyes Upon Jesus” because it works! Rather than focus on the problem, if I focus on faith, the unexplainable peace of the Lord floods my soul.

My “rough” year was focused on my shoulder issues. A broken acromion bone and reverse joint replacement involved two surgeries and months of an immobilized right arm. That didn’t keep my left hand from learning how to write (scribble). I was downhearted because pain prevented me from zeroing in on my work of fiction. It kept stalling.

Toward the end of July during the wee hours that pain kept me awake, instead of picking up my Kindle I reached for my Bible. Old Testament promises, especially in the Psalms, comforted my hurts. Something miraculous happened along with the solace I received. I picked up pen and notebook. Nonfiction praise flowed from my heart through my fingertips onto the page.

Jeremiah 30:17 But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,” declares the Lord.

Jehovah-rophe

You are the God Who Heals

 

Thank You for getting

Me through another day

 

I’ve been on auto pilot

Trying to make it without

 

Falling to pieces tears are close

But I haven’t given in

 

Six months I’ve lived

With a broken bone that won’t heal

 

I get done what You’d have me do

According to Your plan

 

Thank You, Lord, for getting

Me through another day.

 

Jehovah-rophe,

You are the God Who heals.

 

It was normal to think of why I was pouring out such words. I wrote a line or two about the pain or trouble that prevented sleep. Then before I knew it praise and songs filled my soul. I called them lamentations or psalms. As of this writing, I’ve penned around 250 (numbers have never been my thing).

Job 11:7-8 “Can you fathom the mysteries of God? Can you probe the limits of the Almighty? They are higher than the heavens above—what can you do? They are deeper than the depths below—what can you know?

 

God’s Always Got It

No matter what,

God’s always got it


Physical pain?

God’s always got it

 

Mental fatigue?

God’s always got it

 

Stress over sin?

God’s always got it

 

Lost souls of children,

God’s always got it

 

The country’s unrest,

God’s always got it

 

The tasks before me,

God’s always got it

 

Whatever I face,

God’s always got it.

 

All praise and glory belong to Jesus, my King, for whatever He does through me. I wish Pam and all readers here the blessed hope and peace that can only come from why we celebrate Christmas and Easter.

Thank you So Much, LoRee! We certainly wish you the best of luck and God's blessings with your new release and a VERY Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.

Violet Steele returns to her parents' home in small-town Nebraska to pay off school loans. But her first social activity is the celebration of life for a woman she'd dreamt would someday be her mother-in-law.

Heath Banfield is haunted by memories of Violet leaving him in their youth. He ended up with a woman who never wanted motherhood, and he's become bitter and hard when it comes to love and trust. Now he's dealing with his mother's death. In her absence, he needs an after-school caregiver for his daughter. When Violet offers to tend for the eight-year-old, he's not sure he can handle her act of kindness.

Violet is still in love with Heath, and helping him through his grief and caring for his delightful daughter is a welcome opportunity. But Heath is wary, and she'll have to muster every ounce of kindness she has.

Will Violet's deliberate holiday deeds lead to romance, or will Heath's hurt deepen his bitterness?

Author Bio: Nebraska country girl LoRee Peery writes fiction that hopefully appeals to adult readers who enjoy stories written from a Christian perspective, focusing on the romance. These include novels and novellas for women and men in the Contemporary, Romance, Historical, Time Travel, and Mystery/Suspense categories. She writes of redeeming grace with a sense of place. Her Frivolities Series and the book based on her father’s unsolved homicide, Touches of Time, are available on Amazon. She is who she is by the grace of God: Christian, country girl, wife, mother, grandmother and great-, sister, friend, and author. Connect with LoRee: www.loreepeery.com

https://twitter.com/LoreePeery

https://www.facebook.com/LoReePeery

Find her publications at Pelican http://tinyurl.com/kwz9enk

And Amazon https://www.amazon.com/LoRee-Peery/e/B004UAGL2W/ref

Get your copy of A Cup of Christmas Kindness at Amazon, B&N and Pelican Book Group.


Hope you enjoyed today's post and that you'll check back each week for Wednesday Words with Friends and Saturday Spotlight.

Until next time stay warm and God Bless.

PamT

11 comments:

Mary Preston said...

I did enjoy today's post thank you.

Barbara Britton said...

Hi LoRee. Thank you for sharing your journey and God's encouraging Word. I enjoyed your story, too. Merry Christmas!

kaybee said...

This is nice, LoRee, and so welcome. A hard year for many, great that you can still praise. My husband cracked his shoulder in September, not as bad as yours, but still plenty painful. He is recovering slowly. God bless you.

LoRee Peery said...

Thank you, Mary, Barbara, and Kaybee for your kind comments.
And bless you, Pam, for letting your friends expound on your cyber spot.
Merry Christmas to all you book lovers out there.

Darcy Flynn said...

I love verses the talk about the Lord's healing power! Thank you for sharing your journey with us!

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Happy holidays. Wishing you much success with your writing.

Kara O'Neal said...

Thank you for sharing this. God's always got it!

LoRee Peery said...

Darcy, I believe we often go through stuff so we can share it with others.
Thank you for your kind words, Jacqueline.
Kara, I love to say that: God's always got it indeed.

Alicia Dean said...

Beautiful words. Thank you for sharing. I'm sorry about your surgery. That must have been rough. Your book sounds wonderful. Best wishes!

LoRee Peery said...

Thank you, Alicia. Surgeries are like anything we face in life, temporary. Your comment is appreciated.

Alina K. Field said...

Thank you for sharing such a hope-filled message.