Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, October 4, 2018

#ThursdayThoughts with Janice Cantore

Good Morning!

Please welcome today's guest, Janice Cantore as she returns to share some thoughts with us about Happy Places.....

I have a friend who is in her happy place when she’s cleaning. Yes, this strange life-form loves vacuuming, dusting, and straightening things up. That is not me. I can think of a hundred happier places to be than cleaning house. Recently I visited the Big Island of Hawaii. Now that, for me, is a happy place.

There’s a beach there called Hāpuna Beach, and it is one of the most beautiful places on earth. The feel of the sand on that beach is like walking on a feathery cloud, and the water temperature is always perfect, inviting a person to stay a while and float while cares and tension dissipate. Sitting on that beach, the trade winds gently caressing the sand, I can close my eyes and imagine that I’m in heaven.

I’m often amazed that I feel like this because I haven’t always liked the beach. I grew up in Southern California and frankly always saw the beach as a hassle: crowded, the sand too gritty, the water too kelp-choked. And sitting in the sun was tedious. But I’ve aged. I can now appreciate just sitting and soaking up the rays. Now, the beach, just about any beach on the Big Island, is my happy place. I just wish my happy place was a lot closer.

Janice Cantore is a police officer turned writer. She retired from the Long Beach (California) Police Department after twenty-two years—sixteen in uniform, six as a noncareer employee.

She is currently writing romantic suspense for Tyndale House, and her upcoming release, Lethal Target, second in the Line of Duty series following Crisis Shot, is set in a small town in Oregon.

Lethal Target and Crisis Shot as well as Janice's other bookscan be purchased from Amazon in various formats!

Wow, Janice I know a few people for whom cleaning also puts them in their happy place! Great post. Thanks for sharing!

Hope you enjoyed today's post, friends and that you'll check back for more Thursday Thoughts, Tuesday Treasures and Saturday Spotlight.

Until next time, take care and God Bless.
PamT

8 comments:

Jacqueline Seewald said...

As a Jersey girl, I've always loved the Jersey shore. I love the ocean and beaches in general. Good location for a novel!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Mmm, Hawaii is awesome. And yeah, I don't clean like my momma did--on purpose.

kaybee said...

Janice, I don't necessarily like cleaning, but I like HAVING cleaned. Fall cleaning this week, a necessity when you live in New England and you're stuck inside for a good part of the winter. Rather be writing, but I look at cleaning and other household chores as something to get done with the minimum of angst, theoretically freeing me up for writing. My writing is going to get busier this fall and winter, so I'm setting up systems that will streamline everything else. If EVERYONE else cooperates, sigh.
Kathy Bailey

Susan Oleksiw said...

Hawaii is on my list of must-visit places, but the older I get the farther away it seems to be. You've reminded me of my dream, so maybe I'll get there. As for cleaning, I do as little of it as possible. That's just not my thing. Good luck with your new book.

Alina K. Field said...

I live in SoCal also and can't stand the beaches and ocean water here (too cold and dirty for me). But Hawaii? Perfect conditions for hanging out at the beach!

marilyn leach said...

I can imagine your stories are lively and rich with details. Sounds like a good read. Cheers

Alicia Dean said...

I wish my happy place was cleaning!! My house would appreciate that. :) Love, love the photo. Wow, what a beautiful place. Best wishes!

Diane Burton said...

My happy place is NOT cleaning. I live near Lake Michigan. I love just sitting at watching the sun set. So peaceful. Best wishes.