Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

New Place for Writers to Gather and Share!

Every now and then I come across a great place for writers to meet with other writers and to learn and share information. Today I'd like to tell you about one of those places.

Run by Jo Linsdell, Writers and Authors is a place for people in the writing industry to gather and share experiences, tips and advice, not to mention promote their latest work and discuss various topics related to the writing industry.and is being relaunched this month!

Jo Linsdell is a freelance writer and author of ‘Italian for tourists’ and ‘A guide to weddings in Italy’ which are available to buy from www.lulu.com/jolinsdell along with her various ebooks. Originally from the UK she moved to Rome, Italy in 2001 where she now lives with her husband and their baby son. She is currently working on the ‘Italian Home Study’ series of ebooks and a pocket size edition of her book ‘Italian for tourists’. As well as writing she is the creator and manager of the Writers and Authors website and she is here today to tell us a bit more about it.

Why ‘relaunch’?
My baby son was born in December 2007 after a difficult pregnancy, so I’ve been away for a while. Having to spend 8 months on bed rest meant I had a lot of time on my hands, which I used to work on my various writing related projects. The Writers and Authors site was a big success and my plan is to make it even better now I’m back online. To make sure everyone gets the chance to take part and see the great opportunities on the site I thought it was a good idea to have a big relaunch party to celebrate and spread the word.

What changes have been made to the site?
The new format will be as follows:Mondays: Opportunities for writers. This will include paying markets, competitions, online courses etc…Tuesdays: Featured Authors.. This will include author interviews and samples of their writing. Wednesdays: Publishers, editors, etc... This section will include interviews with publishers, editors, etc… and explain how the industry works and give helpful advice on the more technical aspects of the writing industry e.g. what they look for, how to query, etc…Thursdays: Book reviews. This will include reviews about any type of book. I’m particularly looking for reviews about self help for writers books (and related) but will also post reviews about fiction, poetry and basically anything else. Fridays: Upcoming events. This section will include dates and details about conferences and other events for writers online. Also author chats online, virtual tours etc…

How can people get involved?
For those of you interested in being interviewed for the 'Featured Author' section please send me an email (writersandauthors@yahoo.it) giving some details about yourself and your writing. Please also include your website address.

Calling all publishers, editors, marketing experts, cover art designers, etc... I need YOU! To be interviewed please contact writersandauthors@yahoo.comAs you can see, I also want to include a section with book reviews. You are welcome to review any type of book (e.g. self help for writers or a fiction or poetry book). In fact I'll be all the happier to have a good mix. If your new to writing reviews and want some pointers check out http://library.queensu.ca/research/guide/book-reviews/how-write for some tips.

Please send your review in the body of the email to writersandauthors@yahoo.it with 'Book Review' in the subject line.

How can people support Writers and Authors?
Nominations (e.g. Writers Digest 101 best sites- any others are good too J), blog postings, interviews, putting a link on their sites, spreading the word to others.

Tell us about the Virtual Tour?
To relaunch this site in it's new format I'm organising a virtual tour starting from October 1st 2008. Anyone who is interested in hosting me for an interview or featuring the Writers and Authors website on theirs, please send me an email to the new address writersandauthors@yahoo.it with virtual tour in the subject line. A copy of the Virtual Tour calendar is on the site so you can keep track of the events.

Well, Friends, Writers and Authors sounds like another great place to visit and you'll see it listed in my "Areas of Interest for Authors"

Remember to come back Saturday when I spotlight author Beth Caudill!

Until later...take care and God Bless!
PamT

No comments: