Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

#TuesdayTreasure: Vacation Memories

Good Morning Friends!

A little over a month ago, I mentioned I was going with my daughter and her family to Pigeon Forge, TN on a min-vacation because my Angel Girl was dancing in a national competition. At that time I promised to share some vacation memories with you but, as you know, I've had several guests lined up so was unable to do so...until today!


First let me begin by saying Bryanna and her team did wonderful, the best performance all year and received a Platinum award & National Champions in their category!

Now on to some of those other vacation memories....


Tennessee is absolutely beautiful and although I'd been in the Nashville area before, I'd never visited Pigeon Forge. We stayed at the Wilderness resort where there was a water-park that dumped 1000 gallons of water out of a huge barrel every 15 minutes or so (can't remember). Kids and adults alike enjoyed that experience!



We also visited the Hollywood Wax Museum




 and the Titanic Museum  


We walked into Wonderworks (an indoor theme park) but didn't stay due to time restraints and we stopped at a Bass Pro Shops store.



Out of all the memories, I do believe the Titanic was the most awesome and fascinating and that's a whole other blog post in itself.

All in all we had a wonderful trip despite the long drive and short stay.

Thanks for allowing me to share my vacation memories with you...I can definitely say these are some I'll treasure forever!

Until next time...take care & God Bless!
PamT







8 comments:

Diane Burton said...

Sounds like a great vacation, Pamela.

Susan Coryell said...

Going to Nashville (first time) in September. College in E. Tenn left me with a love for the area. Nice vacation blog!

Allan J. Emerson said...

Had no idea there was a Titanic museum in Tennessee! I've always been fascinated by the Titanic story. Hope you go back and show us photos. Looks like you had a good time on your vacation!

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

It was a great vacation, Diane!
You'll love TN Susan...well it's beautiful to visit LOL but if I'm not home in Louisiana, I'll be in Bandera, TX!

Yes, Allan, and it is a Beautiful museum. There is one like it in Branson, MO too and there are actual artifacts from the ship. Sad, sad but fascinating. You can even touch an "iceberg" and put your hand in 28 degree water!

Thank you all for stopping by.
PamT

MJ Schiller said...

My sister and her family are returning there for the second year in a row. I've heard of several people enjoying their trip there. I may have to check it out. Is the driving scary, though? (mountainous) Thanks for sharing! It was like taking a mini-vacation of my own.

marilyn leach said...

Looks like you enjoyed yourself with your family. Good for you. I've been to Nashville once. Loved it, although I was there on business. Did the riverboat dinner ride, though. Fine memories. Thanks for sharing. Cheers

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

The driving is beautiful MJ...Pigeon Forge isn't way high up in the mountains so it's not too scary because of that, more so due to traffic than anything else.

Nashville is lovely too, Marilyn, as are the surrounding cities/towns like Hermitage. In fact, my story In His Sight is set in the fictional town of Stars Crossing which is just outside of Nashville :)

Thanks ladies for stopping by!
PamT

Linda McLaughlin said...

Glad you had a good vacation, Pam. Congratulations to Bryanna and her team!

I recently toured the Titanic exhibit here in Calif., too, and found it very interesting.