Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Dilemma

Hello Friends,

Hope your New Year is starting off BLESSED.

Recently I sent a call out to authors about my Saturday Spotlight feature. One author's response really got my attention.

She wrote, "Dear Pam, I saw you write inspirational so I was wondering if you take Erotic as well or not. If not, that's fine, I understand completely. But I am interested, if you do."

Up until this point, I'd never considered NOT hosting an author based on what he/she writes. As you know, I've hosted numerous titles and even DVD's on their tour, so this never crossed my mind. But it did get me to thinking....

Should I, an Inspirational (albeit "with an edge!") author NOT offer a fellow writer a bit of exposure (no pun intended) because he/she writes something I wouldn't read?

Would I want to be robbed of a promotional opportunity because of what I DON'T write?

I think not.

Here is my response to her... "I will spotlight you on my blog as long as your cover/blurb/excerpt is not overtly sexual but I may put a disclaimer on the blog LOL!"

So Dear Cherished Reader Friends, out of respect for you, when I host an author on Saturday Spotlight who writes hot, steamy, romance, I will write a warning in RED at the beginning of that post.

Watch for great authors coming to Saturday Spotlight!

Pamela S Thibodeaux
"Inspirational with an Edge!" (TM)

No comments: