Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

#WednesdayWordsWithFriends: I Need Your Help!

Good Morning Friends,

As I mentioned in Saturday's post, I'm pretty pumped up about the headway I'm making with my new book/series Women of the 9th Circle. I started joining a group of people who meet in a zoom room for writing sprints from 6-8 a.m. with the goal to write at least three or four days each week. We don't talk or share during that time, which is a lot different from some of the other sprints I've participated in, but just knowing others are there writing too helps me to focus and I'm averaging 500-800 words per session. Not a lot considering I used to write that in a half-hour but hey, it's a start! I'm sure my word count will increase as I continue to apply butt to chair and write LOL! 

If you've followed me for long, you know I'm a seat-of-the-pants writer so what pours out onto the screen is totally up to the characters and therefore, a surprise to me. This way of producing may not be conducive to completing a huge number of books, but I hope to publish at least one or two this year. I'm still waiting on edits of Kyleigh's story and will keep you informed on that as things progress. 

Meanwhile, as a member of Author Ad School, I took advantage of the experts' knowledge and got a new blurb for Circles of Fate. Here it is....

When two souls are torn apart by duty, can the hand of God bring them back to a happily ever after?

Late Vietnam War era. Strapped for cash, Todd Jameson flirts with disaster. Caught robbing a liquor store to pay for his dad’s funeral and given the choice of jail or signing up for the military, he picks the best of two bad options and joins the army. But just as his fresh start reconnects him with a sense of honor and the friendship of a gracious woman, he’s deployed overseas into an unknown destiny.

Sixteen-year-old Shaunna Chatman devotes every breath to caring for her sick mother. Working in a diner to make ends meet, the last thing on her agenda is to fall for a young soldier about to be sent into battle. But when he encourages her not to wait, she reluctantly moves on to wed another who’s there to pick up the pieces after she buries her beloved mom.

Thrown into a whirlwind of circumstance, Todd flows in and out of the courageous girl's narrative wondering if their stories will ever fully entwine. And though Shaunna’s journey grants her a child even as personal tragedy strikes, her thoughts often turn to the boy who still fills her heart.

Will their paths merge once more to bask in the glory of His love?

Circles of Fate is a deeply woven inspirational women’s fiction novel. If you like believable heroes, roads to enlightenment, and tales of inner strength, then you’ll adore Pamela S Thibodeaux’s romantic saga.

Buy Circles of Fate to walk in the light today!


Now I'm struggling with an appropriate cover.

This is where you come in.

Please take a moment and look at Amazon's Top 100 Women's Fiction Best Sellers and let me know which of these covers you think fits the genre best.

        
                              Option 1                         Option 2                        Option 3

Thank you!

Not much else going on in my world today. I'm spread a little thin this week so I won't take up more of your time. Please know, I appreciate your continued love and support.

Until next time, take care and God bless.
PamT


21 comments:

D. V. Stone said...

Hi Pam, IMO whichever cover you choose your name needs to pop more. I think you are selling your name as much as the book. Again, IMO the pink is too mild. When I look at the covers on Amazon most of them pop. You could use more contrast. Remember these are thumbnails and need to jump off the page.
D.

Vicki B said...

Option #2 is my pick. I like the two circles.

Jody said...

Love the blurb, and I like option #2.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thanks DV, Vicki & Jody!
I appreciate your feedback. I will definitely mention the name/font/color to the cover artist.

Have a blessed day, Ladies.
PamT

Sadira Stone said...

I find the blue cover more eye-catching.

Anonymous said...

I like to write in sprints also. We usually set a timer and we report in when it goes off but it's all fun. Sprints help me focus on getting the story down and not obsessing over each word. I really like your blurb! As for your covers, I like option #2 but your name needs to be either a different color or a bolder font to make it stand out more. Lovely though! Can't wait to see the final product!

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thanks Sadira and Anonymous!

I'll make sure the cover artist improves my name.

I appreciate your feedback!

PamT

Anonymous said...

Pam:

I think #2 is the one that draws the eye with the color and the two water ripples.

Barbara Britton said...

I like number 2. You can tell the swirls are circles. It's distinct and eye catching.

Kara O'Neal said...

I'm going to be a little different and choose option 1. The reason why is that option 2 is a little plain in my view. It looks unfinished.

Barbara Bettis said...

I like the blurb! As for the cover--I like the two circles that nearly intersect, No. 2--However, the solid blue lacks contrast. I do agree with Donna that your name might be more prominent-- Whichever you choose, I wish you all the best.

Carol James said...

Good blurb. My personal favorite for the covers is #1. But, I really like the imagery of #2 - the two circles merging together to become one...

Congratulations to you.

Mary Preston said...

My eyes went straight to option #3.

Catherine Dilts said...

I like option 3. The colors and the leaves in the background make it visually more interesting. I agree that your name needs to stand out more.

Alina K. Field said...

I like number 2 best. And I'm not crazy about either font, but I don't know enough to recommend other choices.

Unknown said...

Artistically, I like the colors in #3 and that the font has a similar motion to the water ripples. However, based on other authors, fonts seem to be mostly sans serif. I agree, your name needs to stand out much more. It sounds like wonderful story, much success!

Donise C. said...

I like Option 2.

Judy Ann Davis said...

Hi! I honestly like the two circles in #2, because the title says "circleS"--not circle. But to be honest again, I think the multi-colors of the other books are more striking and vibrant if a reader would come across it in a group of other books. I, too, am toying with the Amazon Ads. Lots of information to digest. Good luck with your cover.:)

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thank you ALL for your comments!

I appreciate your feedback immensely

Good luck and God's blessings to you all
PamT

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Hi Pam,

Just saw your request. I like the 2nd one best. The blue water is eye-catching. Good luck with your new series!

Carolyn Rae said...

I like number three cover, because the black letters stand out more.
Carolyn Rae, author of Romancing the Doctor, now $.99 for a limited time.